1. Obsessions

I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone. 8:00 am. Why must my friends be such early birds? Today Cassidy, Megan Shelby and I were going to the mall for a meet and greet of whatever boy band they had been obsessing over for the past 4 months. I just so happen not to be a fan of the band, IM5. I think obsessing over boys who will never know you on a personal level is a complete waste of time, but these boys seemed to make my best friends happy and they asked me to tag along.

After about twenty minutes of scrolling through my Instagram and twitter feed I decided I should probably get my lazy ass out of bed and get ready for the day. I walked to my closet, picked an outfit and walked into the bathroom that was attached to my room. Just like what every other girl does in the morning, I showered and then did my hair and makeup. By the time I was done getting prettied up it was 9:15. Cassidy wasn’t picking me up until 9:30 so I had some time to spare; I decide to go on twitter for a bit.  My timeline was filled with tweets from my friends about how excited they were to meet these boys from IM5 today, I have to admit seeing their excitement made me happier about going with them today. Although I would rather spend my day eating pizza and watching Netflix with them then at a mall with screaming teenage girls.

            I scrolled through my timeline until I got a text from Cassidy.

From: Cassie Boo Boo

Here.

            Wow, how creative of her. I grabbed my jacket off the stool in front of my vanity and ran out the door. The second I got outside I could hear the familiar voices of the 4 boys my friends were about to meet blasting from Cassidy’s car. I walked up to the car and giggled a bit as I saw all three of the girls singing and dancing to the song that was playing.  I opened the door of her car and slid into the back seat and sat myself down next to Shelby.

            “KELSEY!” They all greeted me in unison.

            “That was enthusiastic, what’s got you guys in a good mood?” I asked them sarcastically.

            “Are you frickin’ kidding me?!” Cassidy screamed at me. Cassidy had always been the craziest of the bunch.

            Megan, being the sassy girl she is replied, “Now is not the time Kelsey.” I just laughed at her reply as we pulled out of my driveway onto the street. I wasn’t even in the car for five minutes until the girl’s favourite IM5 song came on, Touchdown Dance, oh dear.

            “SHE TOLD ME SHE LOVED ME LAST NIGHT AT HER FAVUORTE RESTURANT” They all sang at the top of their lungs.

Here we go again. I knew all the lyrics to this song since they play it ten times a day and the girls knew it.

“SHE BROKE WITH EVERY WORD AND TRIED TO CATCH HER BREATH” 

            I rolled my eyes and giggled. They get really into this song. Shelby leaned over and poked my cheek and sang to me, “ I TOLD HER I LOVED HER SO I’M GONNA CELEBRATE THIS WIN AND DO MY TOUCHDOWN DANCE!” I just smacked her hand away from my face and called her a “Loser.”

            “Come on Kelsey. You have to sing I know you know the words!” Shelby said over the blaring music. We came to a stop at a red light.

            “FROM NOW ON, I DON’T CARE WHO’S WATCHING ME!”

Uh, oh.

            “YEAH I JUST WON THE GREATEST VICTORY”

Here comes the chours.

            “SO I’LL DO MY TOUCHDOWN DANCE” They all looked at me as they sang the line with big goofy smiles on their faces.

            Just as the chours started I decided to join in the fun.

            “GET LOVE FOR LOVE IMMA BREAK IT DOWN FOR LOVE!” We all sang as loud as we could and danced in the car until we got to the mall. We drove around for a good fifteen minutes to find a parking space. I am guessing a lot of people were here for the meet and greet. Once we found a parking spot, we pulled in and the car came to a holt. We sat in the car for a few minutes because they were all too nervous to get out.

            “You guys, they are just normal people. Why are you all so nervous?” I asked them.

            “Because! They are the most perfect human begins that have lived on this earth!” Shelby said with excitement.

            “What about Jesus?” I said with a straight face.

Shelby just laughed and told me to shut up. Then they finally got the guts to get out of the car and walk into the mall. As soon as we walked down the hall into the flooded food court and looked over at the HMV store. I saw a table set just outside of the store. I guess that’s were the meet and greet will be. I looked at the people around me; all I saw was teenage girls and employees. Was the mall even opened yet? I looked at a few of the stores and saw all the entranceways had bars on them.

I turned to Megan, “Why are we even here if the mall isn’t even opened?!”

“We have to be here as soon as the boys do, I am not missing any second I can get with them!” Boys. As in the band mates, they always talked about them as if they were all best friends when in reality they never even met each other. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Well what are we supposed to do for a half an hour?” It was only 9:30 and the mall doesn’t open until 10:00.

“I guess we could get Tim Horton’s and then sit in front of HMV.” Shelby suggested.  We all agreed and walked to the Tim Horton’s in the mall. Surprisingly, it wasn’t very busy. We all ordered our drinks and then walked back to HMV and stood in front of the store along with a few other girls. I pulled out my phone as I sipped on my iced cap and tapped the Instagram icon. I started scrolling through my timeline and liked a few photos but I kept getting distracted by all of the little comments I heard.

“Oh my God, Dana is so hot.”

“Do you think Cole will like the flower crown I made him?”

“I really hope I can get a hug from Will!”

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. This was going to be a long day…

Yaaay! First chapter is over! What did you guys think? :) I would love to hear.