5. Glad you asked

Over the past few days I had kept myself busy with school, cleaning, cooking and whatever else I could keep myself busy with. I had no time for friends. Over the past few days I have been texting Dana non-stop. I suppose I kept myself busy to keep away from my friends, I felt bad about that, but I knew they would hound me with questions about Dana. Even though we haven’t seen each other, the girls have been texting and calling me asking if he still texted me. Of course I ignored their questions. To be honest I thought Dana was a fun guy to talk to, and I didn’t want to even mention the fact he was in IM5, Dana never brought it up either, so I’m guessing he doesn’t want me to know.

            It was a Wednesday, so that means I have to go to school. Oh joy. I rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. I was really tired, I was up all night texting Dana, so I threw on a pair of sweats and a tee-shirt and headed downstairs to eat something. My parents are usually at work by the time I wake up, so I had the house to myself. I walked past my kitchen and into my living room. I grabbed the remote and turned the T.V. onto the music channel. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a lemon muffin. Lemon muffin’s were my favorite. I sat down at the island in my kitchen and scrolled through my twitter feed. Once I finished my muffin I grabbed my bag and my keys and drove myself to school.

            It was a pretty normal school day, boring and hell-like. I was at my locker afterschool when I saw that Megan was also at her locker. Our lockers were only three away from each other, so we would always talk between classes and afterschool.

            “What are you doing tonight?” Megan asked me. I shoved my math textbook into my locker.

            “I have to uh... clean. And I have a shit-ton of homework!” I knew she wanted to hangout tonight but I haven’t talked to Dana all day, and I wanted to text him tonight. 

            “You have been really busy this week.” She stated as if she knew I was hiding something. I felt bad about lying to my friends and putting them off all week, but I just needed a break from their fan-girling.

            “Yeah, I know. We will hangout this weekend I promise.”

            “I’m holding you to that. See ya.” Megan said shutting her locker before walking away. I said nothing in response to her. I let out a sigh and made my way out the school. As I walked out of the school to my car I decided to send a text to Dana.

            To: Dana

            Hey! I just got out of school!

            I got in my car and plugged my phone into my stereo and drove home. It was about a 10-minute drive from my house to my school. Once I got home I ran up to my room and threw my stuff on the floor and plugged my phone in to charge, I was exhausted. I usually got home before my parents did so I had the house to myself. I decided to take a quick shower to kill time. Once I got out of the shower I put my sweats and tee back on and dried my hair. Once my hair was dry I went downstairs to greet my parents.

            “Hey how was school?” My Mom asked as I walked down the stairs. The stairs lead right into the kitchen so I could see that she had already started cooking dinner. My Dad was in the living room watching TSN.