Chapter 30: Supernatural Scene 41, Take 3

-o-o-o-o- Chapter 30: Supernatural Scene 41, Take 3 -o-o-o-o-

It had been a long night when they finally left town after Sam killed the ghoul. He had explained that it could take on the form of who it had last killed, but when the head was destroyed or decapitated it would return to its natural appearance. That shrivelled up grey creature had invaded her hazy, exhaustion driven dreams.

They had each taken turns to drive all night and late into the next evening to reach Bobby's place. Along the way, the brothers had explained their suspicions about Crowley's survival. When it inevitably returned to Castiel, his mistake or purposeful deceit, a thick sludge of guilt itched underneath her skin. Is this why he's been so distant... Micki couldn't stop playing with the idea that by leaving she'd make the brothers safer, that Castiel would come to her and abandon any ridiculous ideas and plots he may or may not have. Can you even trust him any more?

Bobby's house was the closest thing she had to what home should feel like now. Even in the darkness of night with aching muscles from a long ride and a tired mind, Micki felt like this was home. As the others had all disappeared for the evening she had lingered, venturing into Bobby's study with mindless intent. The idea had returned to her, desperate to hear her voice it just once to anyone. As she ran her fingers along the dusty bookshelf her thoughts turned to Dean. It had been hard to find any time alone to talk with their quick departure, and the news about Castiel had tainted her desire to acknowledge their moment. But her mind wouldn't stay far away from Dean for long. As her hands ran over the spines of ancient books, she remembered the way he held her when they hid in the pit, his sweet smile, his –

"Micki? What are you doing up?" Dean asked, moving further into the study.

She spun around quickly. Had he heard her thoughts? "I uhh, I couldn't sleep," she mumbled feeling a nervousness tug at her fingertips. Standing before him, she felt like he had placed bright floodlights in front of her so he could watch the heat creep up from her throat to her cheeks. He moved closer then paused. "Can I talk to you about something?" she asked in a high voice that didn't really sound like her. Just be normal, she chastised herself.

He moved closer and she dropped her eyes to his boots. "Always. What is it?" he asked looking down at her.

Micki dropped her eyes to his chest. "Your blasted height?"

He let out a nervous chuckle that warmed the edges of her lips. "I kid," she whispered softly. "I wanted to talk about leaving."

"You're joking," he growled as his hand took a gentle hold of her shoulder. Micki looked back up to him feeling the giddy, nervous sensation return. "Micki," he said shaking his head. "Tell me you're joking."

Micki swallowed the thick lump at the base of her throat. "I'm not Dean," she started in a feeble attempt to sound strong. "I'm annoyed with Castiel! More than annoyed with him actually! You know what; if I see his angelic face again I'm going to kick him where it hurts. Why is he never clear?! And I don't need you to babysit me anymore. I'm more than capable of living out there even if I know what goes bump in the night." It felt like an empty script, a statement fuelled by nothing more than the panic of realisation. Mickila was falling madly and hopeless for Dean.

"But you can't go," he said huskily. "You made me a promise."

Micki looked up as his hand gently traced its way up to the back of my neck and his eyes met hers. Oh god. This is it. His eyes looked the colour of pine needles against the snow; a small rim of darker green edged the iris. "I don't want you to go," he barely whispered in an earthy tone. His head lowered closer to hers. With shaky hands her small hand reached for his jacket, touching his firm side as his lips nearly grazed hers.

"I don't think I want to anymore," she whispered back. Their lips brushed causing static with every word.

With one last look at those dangerous green eyes, Micki pushed herself onto tippy toes and felt his velvet lips embrace hers in a soft, tender kiss. His arms wrapped around her smaller frame, pulling her flush against his own body. Her fingers laced through his short hair before trailing down to hold onto his strong shoulders. It was safe and warm and wickedly arousing to be in his embrace. For a brilliantly bright moment, there was nothing but Dean and Micki.

She pulled away breathlessly and opened her eyes. "I-I," she stammered drunkenly.

"Whoa," he said softly bringing up a hand to gently push away a stray lock of hair.

"We actually..."

"Yeah."

Micki looked away to the bookshelf, feeling a hot flush on her cheeks. She turned back to him, seeing the brightness of his smile. Without another word, they were kissing again. Their movements slow and passionate, building in ferocity as the sweetness turned into a hot unchecked need. It felt like seconds and hours both at once. It was like being near him created a paradox. His strong hands were tender and gentle, like the woman he held might have been made of glass and if the passion boiled too hot she would shatter.

His hand cupped her jaw and moaned into her kiss. Damn Dean I want you so bad, she growled running her hands up the back of his shirt and broke their kiss to move to his ear. She gasped in shock going rigid. In a flash Dean had spun around, his body guarding hers against whatever attack he suspected.

Sam stood, mouth wide at the scene and a glass of milk in his hand. "Don't mind me," he muttered dumbly. "But did you guys read any further on in the script?"

"What the hell Sam!?" Dean exclaimed exasperated. His voice was tight, huskier than normal. Self-consciously he cleared his throat, bringing a hand to run up through his hair.

Gently Micki reached out to touch his shoulder, watching him flinch slightly. I didn't even consider Castiel, Micki thought sadly.

"Do you guys not seriously remember the whole alternative universe episode with Raphael and the key?" Sam exclaimed. "You know, I was married to fake Ruby... You had that scene..."

Micki slipped away from behind Dean. "I need some air," she whispered quietly.

"Wait! Micki!" Dean called reaching out to take her hand, but she slipped through his touch and vanished out the back door. "Oh great." 

-o-o-o-o-

A/N: 

HEEEEEEEYA! 

So, here it is ;) What'dya think?? It's something that I've been sitting on for some time I'll admit guiltily. It might be a couple of weeks before I post again, sorry, but a bunch of uni work is invading any free time I might have. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!