Chapter 5: Pizza with an Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cas let his eyes stray on her silently bleeding figure a moment longer before he had to face the brothers who were glaring at him. “You said you were going to keep her safe,” he said coldly to Dean. “Is this your idea of safe?”

“Look I’m sorry if you took your time bringing your dicky arse down here, but if she’s so fucking important to you why don’t you just heal her with your angel powers,” Dean growled at Cas. His flustered hand movements added to the sign of anger and annoyance.

“I would,” Cas said and looked to Sam, “But I cannot.”

“What do you mean you can’t?” Sam inquired, nothing compared to his brother who looked like he was about to blow steam on Cas and burn him on the stake with flaming holy oil.

“I don’t have them anymore,” Cas stated looking down at the ground. “We need to get her to a hospital,” he continued turning around to take hold of her, he was stopped by Dean and the look Cas sent at Dean was enough to make him step away. A look of ‘Don’t fuck with me’.

“How can you just, not have them anymore?” Dean said not believing his friend.

“I’ve sinned both for, and with her. I’m no longer connected to Heaven.”

“You said, sinned with?” Sam asked not quite sure. Castiel kept his eyes on Mickila for a long time before he looked up at Sam looking somewhat like a lost puppy without his playmate and the two brothers finally understood.

Dean couldn’t help but crack a smile and shuffled on his feet, pointing down to her and then back to Cas. “So you two?” asked Dean.

“Yes.”

“And you?” he continued. Castiel sighed angrily,

“We need to get to her to a hospital,” he continued, “But we need to put her under a false identification.”

“And why would that be?” Dean asked, somewhat more cheery about the situation.

“Jacob Mansfill is after her, he’s dangerous and not human,” Cas said removing the dagger slowly as she muttered and let out a yelp in her sleep. You could see the pain that came across his face as he drew it away from her skin and threw it to the ground, “I need a fresh towel,” he continued. Sam nodded and left.

“So I guess that means we’re driving?” Dean asked as Cas took the towel from Sam and unzipped the jacket and lifted up her shirt just enough to apply the white towel to her red smeared skin.

“Yes and quickly,” Cas said and Sam went to go and pick her up but Cas had already lifted her with ease and was heading towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive was nearly enough to kill them all over again and the silence was filled with concern and the proud grin on Dean’s face every time he looked back to Cas and Micki. They reached the hospital and Dean explained that Micki was his cousin and she’d been mugged of all her personal including her driver’s license. Castiel didn’t speak because he wasn’t used to lying; and so it was that Micki went under the name as Micki Foster and was wheeled away to get treated.

A nurse placed a hand at Castiel’s chest and held him back from going in. “Stay in the waiting area please sir,” she said smiling reassuringly before going into the room where they had her. Cas stood for a long moment at the door before Dean snapped his fingers to bring Cas out of the trance and motioned to the waiting room. Cas looked back to the room before reluctantly walking away.