I can handle it

I woke up the next morning feeling the most relaxed I've felt in years. Murphy and I snuck back upstairs with the others after our activities in the bar. I smiled to myself as I recalled the memories. I could still feel his soft lips on my neck sending chills throughout my body. I felt his hands touching me and loving the closeness between us. Damn I don't know how I've waited 8 long years for that! Murphy was still asleep beside me as I saw Connor start to wake up across the room. He sat up and rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes then looking at me. I smiled and and he nodded back at me,

"wha time is it?"

i shrugged,"don't know I just woke up."

"slept in a little late der lass don't ya think?" He smirked.

I blushed and immediately adverted my eyes to the floor,"ummm yea, just really tired I guess"

"my brother wore ya out good did he?" He chuckled.

my head shot up and I starred at him wide eyed,"Connor!"

"aye, but I gotta give da lad props. A bar is a bit spontaneous" he smirked.

"O my god were you watching us!" I exclaimed.

"O lord no. Don't need to see me brother doin dat. But when ya two just disappear and den ya hear noises comin from da bar. Even as drunk as I was couldn't hide what ya two were doin" he smirked.

"Connor I fucking hate you" I groaned covering my face with my hands.

He laughed and got up to get ready for the day. I gently shook murphy awake. He groaned and then opened his eyes slowly revealing those beautiful blue orbs. I smiled,

"morning"

he yawned and then sat up next to me," morning sleep well?"

"the best I've slept in years" I smiled.

he arched an eyebrow,"really and why is dat?"

"was very relaxed. Plus ya wore me out last night" I smiled.

confidence grew in his eyes as he smirked cockily,"well I'm glad I could be of service to ya"

"may need to do that again" I smirked.

"well lass my door is always open" he smirked kissing me lightly.

"like 7/11" I chuckled pulling away.

he laughed,"aye"

a few minutes passed and we all got ready to go to Romeos uncles restraunt. We were greeted by his uncle Cesar and he led us to a booth in the back. Romeo looked hesitant and nervous around his uncle making me curious. What history was there? I decided to question that later as I sat down next to murphy. His hand holding mine underneath the table.

"Word is, Yakavetta's gunning for you three hard. The whole city's on edge. I even heard he posted a reward like Jesse James style and shit. Any of his guys that take you out gets his palm crossed, two hundred and fifty grand and whatever they want with the girl" Cesar explained glancing at me.

my breathing hitched and Murphy's hand squeezed my hand tighter. I looked across the table Connor who was starring back at me with determined eyes. He nodded at me reassuring me. I smiled slightly and turned back to Cesar.

"Whew. A quarter of a mill for us?" Romeo exclaimed both shocked and proud causing me to roll my eyes.

"Us? What the fuck are you talking about "us?"Cesar asked.

the smile immediately fell from Romeos face and he started arguing with his uncle in Spanish,

"Tío, ¿por qué tienes para mí la falta de respeto frente a ellos ?!" (Uncle, why do you have to disrespect me in front of them?!)

"Enfriar, Mr. Big Shot! Hace un año que estaba lavando mis ollas y sartenes!"(Cool it, Mr. Big Shot! A year ago you were washing my pots and pans!) Cesar replied.

"Bueno, no me lavo las ollas de mierda ya! Yo soy parte de esto, tío!"(Well, I don't wash fucking pots anymore! I'm part of this, Uncle!) Romeo said tapping his finger on the table.

" Hey! Este no es mi primer bar-b-que! Ahora cállate y dejar de interrumpir! Déjame hablar con ellos y voy a averiguar si su en el este o en su propio mundo de fantasía de mierda!"(Hey! This isn't my first bar-b-que! Now shut up and stop interrupting! Let me talk to them and I'll figure out whether your in on this or in your own fucking fantasy world!) Cesar replied harshly.

i watched Romeo swallow his anger. Biting his tongue and tryin to remain calm. I felt bad for the man. I know what it's like to have your family not believe in you. No one did till the macmanus brothers came into my life, but that's another story. Obviously the two didn't realize we could understand what they were saying. Other languages I couldn't do, but Spanish I understood.

"él está con nosotros" (he's with us) murphy said gaining a surprised expression from Cesar.

"and Is my nephew pulling his weight?" Cesar asked shocked.

"mucho así"(very much so) I smiled

"Mucho corazon."( a lot of heart) Connor replied tapping his chest.

Cesar looks over to Romeo with a new found respect. You couldn't miss the pride In his eyes as he puts a hand over Romeos. Romeo looked shocked and very influenced by the small gesture causing me to smile. After their little moment, Cesar turns back to us,

" Gorgeous George is running the show for Little Yaka. Drugs, prostitution,sharking, the whole cha cha. If anybody knows where he is, it's thatfat fucking pedico. I'll put it out on the wire."

I followed behind murphy as we started to leave Cesar's when I heard,

"señorita?"

murphy and I both stopped and saw Cesar waiting for me. I turned to murphy and nodded. He nodded back and walked out of the resteraunt as I walked back to Cesar.

"please be careful señorita. Whatever yakevetta is planning Is something big and what I've heard around, they don't have nice plans for you muchacha" he said.

"thank you for the concern Cesar, but I can handle it" I smiled.

"no doubt In my mind, just be careful. He's dangerous" he said.

"can't be worse than his father" I mumbled and turned to leave before he could say anything else.

i quickly got in the back seat with Connor as murph turned to me,"what did he want liv?"

i hid the worry from my face and faked a smile,"nothing really"

he searched my eyes a few minutes until he turned back towards the front. We were driving in an awkward silence for a good 15 minutes. The only thing making any noise In the car was Romeo sniffling, trying not to cry hard. A few more awkward seconds passed by until murphy decided to break it,

"Anybody hungry?maybe we should stop at an IHOP or.." Connor cut his brother off,

"Shut up. Romeo's crying."

We were all silent and then broke out in laughter,

"You fucking assholes!" Romeo yelled wiping his eyes.

Leave it to Connor to make awkward moments lighter. In all honesty with all this yakevetta shit, it made me nervous. But with my boys by my side, I knew I had nothing to be scared of.....right?