Part 14

Remington's POV

I hadn't seen Dahlia all day ever since I last saw her and she told me the truth about her sisters. I was starting to get worried about her and asked my mother of she had seen her. Unfortunately, my mother hadn't either, and no one else for that matter after she had the staff search throughout the castle.

"Where could she be?", I asked in desperation and then I noticed her mother had a look of intense worry and her face seemed to turn paler than the moon. "Maybe she couldn't take the pressure of living in a castle and living up to the likes of royalty and went back home", her sister Rose commented and her other sisters laughed, except for Violet. Her rude statement infuriated me and I stepped closer to her.

"No, Rose. We never put any pressure on her, we made her and the rest of your feeling at home here and never treated her cruelly or lowly. But maybe you did." Her sisters gasped at my accusation and she looked at me with shock as I revealed the truth about her. "Me? Treat my baby sister cruelly?", she tried to seem innocent in front of me and everyone, "Why, I wouldn't even think about hurting her without hurting myself."

"Yes, you would, Rose!", we all turned to see who it was that spoke out and I was surprised to see it was her second youngest sister, Violet. She looked turmoiled and shameful and glared at Rose, "You've been treating her like that since Dad died and you almost killed her one time just because you couldn't take a fucking rejection!"

She turned to me and confessed with tears building up in her eyes, "Rose and Flora found out it was Dahlia who danced with you at the ball and said she doesn't deserve your attention and if she doesn't understand that, she still hadn't learned her lesson from the first time she let that dog attack Dahlia! And I let her do that because she convinced me Dahlia wasn't really our sister, but even if she wasn't, I killed myself seeing us hurt her ever since!"

Violet broke down in tears and then I pulled her close to my chest and let her cry onto me as everyone looked at Rose who was appalled at her true interior being shown. "Stop looking at me like I'm a monster!", Rose screamed in anguish, "Dahlia's the monster for taking Dad from me and keeping him to herself. He spent more time with her than any of us and almost called my mother a whore!"

"I thought I was perfect because I looked like my beautiful mother, but that wasn't enough to have my father pay any attention to me. I resented Dahlia for hogging him from us and despite me making her believe she didn't belong to us, she still turned out to be kind and beautiful and never even got back at me for being such a nasty bitch!" Rose then walked upstairs and was out of our sight after she slammed a door.

I started feeling pity for Rose, but I was still worried about where Dahlia might be. Then Laila started barking and she was holding a bracelet in her teeth. I realized it was Dahlia's bracelet that she dropped that day I met her for the first time and found myself drawn to her. "Laila, can you help us find Dahlia?", I asked her while petting her head, and she barked in response as she jumped in one place as a way of asking us to follow her.

We set up a search party consisting of me, my brothers, and some of our loyal and strongest guards. Laila set up the path by first going into the horse stables and we noticed Martha was outside of her square. Dahlia must have taken her to escape and let her return back. Sophie came up from behind us and volunteered to help us by riding on Martha and join us in finding Dahlia.

It was dark when we headed out to the woods where Laila tracked Dahlia, and we had lanterns to help light the way. I've never gone this far from my home before, or maybe I just don't remember going anywhere far from the kingdom. I was starting to feel hopeless when it had been hours since we found a trace of Dahlia around.

"Remington", I heard Emerson say to me, my head jerking back up to look at him, "Don't you worry about her. She's fragile but she's also stronger than she seems. I should know, you guys make me feel like that." I smiled at his reassurance of Dahlia and his mental state, and I was happy my brother was okay. I kept my head up and my determination was much stronger than before.

It fell apart again when Laila stopped on a spot in the grass, and I was horrified to see small pools of blood on it. "Is-Is that...Dahlia's b-blood?", Sophie was scared of the sight while it made my blood run cold. Then Laila howled before running again somewhere and we followed without hesitation.

A couple of minutes later, we stumbled across an old, slightly crumbling building that, for some reason, looked familiar to me. Me and my brothers stepped off our horses and a few guards came into the building with us while Sophie stayed with the horses and other guards. It was clear as day to me what I had just walked into and that I had been here before.

"Hey there", a woman wearing a suggestive dress said to me from the side while caressing my shoulder, "Looking for a good time for a fair price, mister?" "Um, actually...", I politely removed her hand from my shoulder, "I'm looking for a girl." She shrugged and answered, "We have plenty of girls. I could be your girl for tonight..."

"Remington?", I heard a familiar voice speak my name and when I turned to it, a woman whose kind face I remembered was standing a couple of feet away and looked surprised to see me. "I remember you", I said while walking up to her, "You helped take care of me once when I was depressed and it was my 21st birthday." She smiled at me and seemed to blush a little, "Cora. I, uh, didn't expect to ever see you again. Why are you here, actually?"

"Oh, I'm looking for a girl and I think she might have come in here", I explained, "Have you seen her?" She seems shocked all of a sudden and I had no idea why. "Did this girl have raven-black hair and have a scar over her right eye?", she said and my heart stopped as I nodded slowly. "Did you finally find her, or did she find you?" "What do you mean?"

She tucked her short hair behind her hair as she answered my question, "The first time you came here, you wouldn't stop talking about a girl who saved your life and you apparently imprinted on. I've always wanted to meet this girl who made you such a wreck for a guy, and now that I did, I can see why you love her so much." She offered her hand to me and after a few seconds, I took it and she led me upstairs to the second floor of the building while my brothers followed behind me.

We stopped at a closed door and she slowly opened it to reveal my beautiful and serene rag doll sleeping on Cora's bed and looking more radiant than I've ever seen her. "I'm sorry I dressed her like that", Cora mentioned, referring to the way my love was dressed like a brothel girl, "When I took care of the cut on her leg, I had to change her clothes because they were stained with blood and dirt."

I walked toward Dahlia and when I got close enough, I smiled as I looked at her gorgeous face resting so peacefully and her chest rising up and down. "My angel and savior", I whispered as I kneeled down close to the edge of the bed and gently held her hand, "I found you again, and you're more beautiful every time I see you." I kissed her hand softly and after a few seconds, I felt it move in mine and saw her eyes move under her lids as she slowly opened them and smiled immediately as soon as she looked into my eyes.