Prologue

There was once a wealthy socialite woman in the Victorian age of England who married a landowner and had five children with him. Each child was a beautiful and perfect girl born with gorgeous blonde hair and mesmerizing blue eyes. When the wife was pregnant with her last baby, she decided it would be her last. When the baby came, the mother was shocked, but not from joy. The child didn't look like it belonged to them, for it was born with raven-black hair and hazel-green eyes. The father almost accused his wife of infidelity for the baby's appearance, but decided he didn't care as long as he could raise it and be a supportive father.

Each girl had a name chosen from a flower, the oldest being named Rose, then Flora, Iris, Lavender, Violet, and the last one named Dahlia. The youngest of the sisters never got treated equally because of her differences from her own family, her father being the only one to treat her with love and compassion, until he tragically passed away from illness when she was very young. After that, Dahlia felt completely alone in her family since her sisters treat her badly and bully her constantly. She never minded until a boy from school started noticing her who Rose had a crush on, and to punish Dahlia for taking what isn't hers, planned with her sisters to unleash a wild dog and attack their younger sister who ended up getting a scar on her eye. That scar was a physical and emotional reminder of her not belonging in her family or the world.

One day after her attack, she ran into the woods hoping to find a way out of her miserable life when she stumbled upon a strange boy whose arm was cut and bleeding and was close to passing out from the amount of blood lost. She used her scarf that her father left her to seal the wound and stop the bleeding. When he gained consciousness again for a moment, he took one look at the girl with a mysterious scar on her eye who saved his life and saw and witnessed as she smiled at him then ran away and out of his sight.

***

"Who are you?", I asked as I stared at the girl who somehow saved my life with a simple scarf, "why do you have that scar on your eye?" She shook hee head and stated, "Don't worry about it. It's nothing." I really wanted to know, "But-" She cut me off, "I said it's nothing! At least yours won't be that bad." I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to find out, but she gave me a smile that somehow already made me feel better.

Then she saw something from behind me and stated before getting up and leaving, "I have to go. Goodbye." "Wait! Can't I get your name?", but she was already out of sight when the knights on horses came to my rescue, "Prince Remington, are you hurt?", one of them asked, I shook my head and explained, "Just a little. I fell off my horse and cut my arm. But this peasant girl saved my life by stopping the bleeding with her scarf."

"Come on, sire", they exclaimed as they carried me onto one of their horses, "Your mother will want to make sure you're okay." We rode back to the castle and I looked back at the direction of the raven-haired girl with unique hazel eyes who captivated my attention, "I wonder if I'll ever see that girl again."