Chapter 14

I finished breakfast and began do dish us up some plates. I turned to Sam that was quietly scrolling through his phone "can you go wake up Colby?"he looked up.from his phone and nodded. I watched as he jogged up the stairs before I started to set the table, I  was deep in thought as I traveled to the kitchen then back to the dining room. When Sam was hugging me and holding my waist I felt nervous, I don't like him like that. Why would I be nervous? Do I like him? No! I'm dating Colby! And I've never been so in love!

I was so deep in thought I hadn't noticed the boys coming down and sitting at the table. I looked up from the ground as I pulled out my chair to sit on and jumped screaming a little seeing Sam and Colby sitting there. Colby laughed and gave me a weird look, "What was that about?" I breathed out heavily and laughed. "I wasn't paying attention I thought Adam would take longer waking you up" I sat in my chair smiling. "No I didnt even have to wake him up he was watching YouTube videos" Sam shrugged as he began eating.

We finished breakfast and I began to do the dishes that were dirtied, "need a hand?" Colby wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. "No I'm ok you and sam go relax in the living room" I looked over my shoulder and kissed him. He smiled and left the kitchen, I jumped when my phone started buzzing. I listened as the ringtone I had for Zach began to play, I nervously picked up my phone as my hands started to shake. I looked at the caller I'd and confirmed the it indeed was Zach calling.

Against my better judgment I answered the phone "Hello?" I asked hoping it would be someone who had Zach's old number. "Heyo this is Zach I'm not available right now. You know what to do byeeeeeeee." My phone fell to the floor with a loud thud. Some how it had switched to speaker phone and a loud screetchy tone started to play. Both Sam and Colby cam I to the kitchen to find me staring at my phone in horror.

Colby picked up my phone and hung it up "what happened?" He set my phone on the counter and looked at me confused. "I just got a call from Zach...." my voice was shaky and quiet as I spoke. "What? How?" Colby pulled me in for a hug but I pushed him off. "But that's not all it started playing his voicemail recording" I looked at Colby then I grabbed my phone screen shotting my call log. "I gotta call Liz... I'll be right back" I grabbed my keys and went out to my car, I planned on driving around the block as I called her.

"Hey Y/n. What's up?" Liz answered the phone in her usual cheery voice. "I sent you a picture just now did you see it?" I heard her say hmmm as she checked her phone. "What..... the.... fuck...." she sounded weirded out. "Yeah and when I answered it played his voicemail recording then some loud screetching noise."I explained what happened and I could hear her shaky breathing. "Dude his phones been off since he passed. I mean sometimes I hear mom call it and listen to the voicemail recording but that's scary" I sighed and became sad.

"Dude I'm kinda freaked out" I chewed my lip and I heard her gasped. "Y/n.... I'm getting a phone call" my stomach dropped thinking it was Zach calling her. "It's this really hot guy I met at work. I'll call you back" with that she hung up. I groaned and headed back home, I pulled into my driveway and turned the car off. I layed my head on the steering wheel and tried to come up with an explanation of how it happened.

My passenger door open and Colby poked his head in "you alright?" I looke up for the wheel and nodded. "Yeah just trying to figure out how it happened." I sighed and got out of the car. "Maybe it was just a freak accident or coincidence" Colby and I both closed the car doors in unison. "Yeah maybe." He grabbed my hand and we walked I to the house.

"What should we do today?" I plopped down on the couch next to Colby and he wrapped his arm around me shrugging. "We can stay here and watch movies pigging out all day" Sam suggested shrugging. Colby and I both agreed. "Sam wanna help me grab some snacks from the kitchen?" He nodded and followed me into the kitchen.

"You pop the popcorn I'll get me secret stash of chips and candy." I said opening the cupboard and tossing him a few bags of popcorn. I ruffled through some cabinets trying to find my big bowl to put the popcorn in. "AHAH!" I pulled out the giant bowl and proudly set it infront of Sam. "That's a big bowl...." "yup. Fill it!" I laughed and proceeded to gather my chips, candy, and sodas to take to the living room.

After about 15 minutes Sa and I sat back kn the couch with all the snacks and drinks. "What movie should we watch?" I asked opening up Netflix on the tv. "Haunting on Hill House? That's a good scary show" I suggested. Sam shrugged and looked at Colby. "Yeah sure why not" I smiled and pulled the blanket that I had folded on the back of the couch over us all. I curled up and leaned against Colby getting comfortable.

We began watching the scary series quietly when my phone rang again. I check it and seen it was Liz, I silenced my phone and set it back down. Shes can wait.