Boromir- Safe Passage (pt2)

I was hating how long the first one was getting so I split it. Not sure if I'll expand more than it already is but who knows hahaha might just leave the rest up to you to imagine

You leaned your head back on a tree as you gazed out to the river, your fingers fiddling with an amulet around your neck. It was made to keep your energy levels in check to perform your magic with ease but you were sure it did nothing. Now it was more or less a comfort item. The crunch of mixed gravel and sand made you turn to see Boromir approaching, something in his hands. You scooted over to share the tree. He handed you a steaming cup of tea before sitting down, his arm brushing yours, his leg laying on your cloak.

"You looked cold and I could not sleep," Boromir spoke into his cup before taking a sip.

You raised your glass in thanks. "I have found the cold tends to heal me faster."

Boromir lowered his cup and turned to you, his eyes shooting to your back. "Are you not healing well?"

You couldn't help but smirk. "I am healing just as I should be. But perhaps a bit faster now that I am chilled and being taken care of." You took a sip of the tea and paused. It was made just as you liked it.

The two of you sat in silence for a moment, the soft waves of the river soothing your mind. Boromir shifted next to you, his shoulder now gently pressed against yours. You glanced at him as you remembered something.

"As Aragorn was describing your journey, why did you have such a forlorn look about you?"

Boromir didn't look at you as he answered. "I have a differed view on The Ring and I am the only one that thinks as such. I was sent by my father in hopes of taking the ring to Gondor, to defeat the armies of Mordor. Alas they have devised to destroy it."

"And yet you accompany them willingly," you took another sip of your drink. " At least your intentions are admirable."

"They say it is far to dangerous to do anything but destroy it."

"Ah, so not admirable to save Middle Earth."

"Are you trying to make me hate you?"

"Is it working?" You bit back a smile.

Boromir chuckled. "A little."

"How can I make it up to you? I have already promised tricks and gifts for the Hobbits. Legolas has agreed to new arrows as long as he watched me make them. I imagine he is far more keen in making sure they were of good quality rather than wishing to see how skilled I am. Aragorn is satisfied with my eagerness to help and Gimli wants nothing more than to treat me as some sort of verbal target of all his groans and grumblings." You turned your head, gazing at him with what light the moon was reflecting off the water. "What of you? Surly there is something I can offer you."

Boromir turned his head too. Your breath caught as you saw how close you were to him. A few seconds passed before you were able to bring yourself to move away. Clearing your throat, you finished your tea, keeping your eyes on the water.

"Do not call yourself a monster again." His voice was soft.

You blinked, unsure if you heard him right. "Excuse me?"

Boromir turned his shoulders to you a bit more as he placed his cup on the ground. You tried to take another drink but found your cup never made it to your lips as he distracted you with his earnest gaze. He looked down, picking through the pebbled between you as he found the right words.

"You clearly do not wish to have the powers you have. You did not mean to follow us and attack us with any sort of malicious intent. You are scared and wish to seek answers that will hopefully lead to a solution."