Lindir-Endure

After a million years, the legends became true...the author is alive and there are stories she is now eager to share. Bahahahahaha! Another lovely request idea from CurleyCue17 I have never thought to write one for this guy but I'm willing to give it a go haha. Oh and this is her OC! I am honored to have been granted her character. Again, I hope I don't butcher her...

Lindir refrained from vocally groaning as he watched the horde of dwarves sit themselves around the table, their filthy clothes and unsanitary beards already soiling the fine cushions and table cloths. It was going to take days for the stench to be washed out of them, if not beaten with a broom. And they hadn't even started eating yet.

Biting the inside of his cheek, the tall adviser of Rivendell took a small step back, doing his best to breath out of his mouth rather than nose as Lord Elrond started talking to the thirteen....guests. Lindir was highly against this, alas it was not his place to advise the lord of Rivendell to whom he may or may not host at his table. However, that being said, Lindir was very much in his place to interact with them as little as he dared and distance himself as much as respect allowed. If he looked off to the trees and thought bout anything but what was going on at the table, Lindir thought for the first time that evening that he might be able to withstand this interaction until they got tired and gone off to bed.

 That is, if dwarves go to bed. 

It wasn't until he heard his name that Lindir let his attention turn to the table for a moment before facing Lord Elrond. The graceful leader nearly smiled at the pain that Lindir thought he had kept hidden off his face. 

"You look as bothered as I feel." Elrond swallowed a laugh. "However, I am going to need you to bring some other food for our guests. They do not seem satisfied by what we have for them. I am sure Gelsrae will have some sort of meat stored for such occasions."

Just as Lindir was about to bow and leave, Lord Elrond's hand reached out and grabbed hold of his adviser's wrist, his grip strong but not painful. He leaned to the side, keeping his eyes on the dwarves as he spoke in a low voice. 

"Do be swift. I already envy your slight reprieve from," he waved a hand to the table, no words needed. 

"My lord," Lindir bowed, trying his best to not seem too eager to leave the loud hoard of dwarves and their cries for proper food despite the greens and fruits being what they needed more than any leg of some animal. Even his son knew how to behave at the table and he had only passed his fifth birthday.

Lindir wished Gelsrae had not been so eager to share his meat supply, quickening the trip by tenfold as he mustered all his huntsmen and carvers to help bring the food to the hungry dwarves. Now they stood there, watching the guests eat eagerly, laughing loudly and smacking their lips with gusto. Lindir could no longer keep the sneer of disgust off his face as he watched them. He did not get paid enough for his. 

There was a yell at the end of the table, bringing everyone's attention to them. There was a sudden up rawer followed by laughter and the unmistakable sound of food being thrown. Lindir watched with unmatched horror at the mess they were making, Lord Elrond hiding his face behind his hand. But where the leader of the Rivendell elves was laughing, Lindir about cried. 

Suddenly a handful of mashed potatoes came flying through the air and would have hit Lindir had he not moved, the solid sound of it hitting the statue behind him. His eyes stayed glued to the food slowly falling down the leg of the statue, a small whimper escaped his lips.

~~~~~

Gilrean cooed at the small bundle in her arms as Alastre ran around and between her legs, waving his wooden knives around. He let out a battle cry to the pillows he had surrounded the three of them with, his hair falling out of the loosely braided plaid down his back. Gilrean couldn't help but laugh, reaching down to pat her son's head.

Lord of the Rings Reader InsertsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara