Frodo Baggins, Ring Bearer of the Shire

You smiled down at the white-haired hobbit who sat next to you, writing in his big book of adventures. Since given the task of looking over the bold Bilbo Baggins, you had found your mundane life a lot more exciting. He told you of his travels and all that he had seen and learned. Soon enough, Bilbo was no longer the only one in Rivendell who wished to go traverse all of Middle Earth.

However, when you learned of the arrival of more hobbit guests, you became weary of the aspect of travel. Something did not feel right, and you could not shake the feeling it was all because of these seemingly harmless halflings.  It was said that the ring of power was among them and that they wished to leave it here and go on their way. That upset you, knowing such a dangerous weapon would paint such a bold target on the humble home of the elves.

Alas, there was nothing you could do on the matter. Even if there was something you could do, you hadn't the slightest idea what that 'something' would be. Therefore you stuck to your routine, doing your best to make the legendary Hobbit as comfortable as possible as you slowly watched him succumb to the age that the ring spared him from.

You leaned against the doorway to the balcony, watching uncle and nephew talk as they sat swinging their legs on a bench with Bilbo's great leather book stretched across their laps. You could have easily stood there for hours upon hours listening to his stories and watching them bond for what may be their last time.

Frodo was a kind and wonderful nephew to his slightly deranged uncle. He smiled and nodded, asked questions and begged for more as the older hobbit recounted new and old tails alike, some you were sure he had heard all before. But the light of love and admiration in his eyes never left to be replaced with pity and impatience. No wonder so little a person was able to bear the ring this distance alone. 

But Frodo's stomach growled signaling his need to leave and be fed. Very well too because you could tell Bilbo was growing tired, a nap surly acceptable after such a retelling of his past life. You quietly stepped forward, clasping your hands behind your back with a small smile on your lips.

"Sir Bilbo, Mr. Frodo. I trust your visit was well?"

Frodo looked up from the closed book in his hands to your eyes, his vibrant orbs widening slightly making you smile a bit more. Bilbo let out a chuckle as he gently took the book from his boy's hand.

"It is nice to see family again, (Y/n)."

You bowed your head, your smile not yet fading. You looked between the two hobbits as you spoke.

"Indeed, tis a gift one must cherish."

Frodo's stomach growled again, making Bilo laugh and a small giggle escape your lips. Frodo had yet to take his eyes off you but now blushed slightly as he covered his yearning middle.

You looked behind him, nodding in the direction of the food parlor. "Seek Emomen, she will guide you to where you and your hobbit friends will be dining."

Frodo looked to Bilbo, his eyes seeking permission. The older hobbit nodded, clapping the lad on the back. "Go on. I must rest. I will speak with you more later, I promise."

Frodo finally found his voice, looking at you again, bowing. "Thank you, (Y/n)." He then turned to Bilbo, smiling wide. "Sleep well, Uncle." Then he was off, though he looked back at you once to which you nodded with a reassuring smile.

Bilbo hopped off the bench and slowly made his way to you, his cane clicking softly against the stone floor riddled with a few fallen leaves. "That poor boy. I should have warned him you were the most beautiful Elf in all of Rivendale."

You smiled at his words, flattery being one of the most prominent forms of communication between the two of you. Though you took to heart that there was some truth to his words considering his nephew's reaction. You placed a hand on Bilbo's shoulder, gently guiding him to his room.