Gimli, Son of Gloin

You let out a breath through your nose as you let loose your seventeenth arrow, watching with satisfaction as it sliced one of the rope pullies that held an Uruk-hai ladder to the Helms Deep wall. It fell to the ground, easily crushing fifty or so more Uruks. You were about to let more arrows fly when you saw Aragorn running to the front gate, Gimli close behind.

You jumped down from your position above the gate with ease, landing in front of King Theoden, your brows pinched in worry as he clutched his chest, clearly wounded. Aragorn spoke to the king as you looked around at the Rohan men doing their best to ward off the Uruks long enough to breakage the gate.

A doorway off to your left gave you an idea and just as you were about to enter through it Gimli called out, making you turn.

"Looks as tho the She-Elf was thinking the same thing."

You looked between Aragorn and Gimli, swapping your bow for your long sword. "I can manage."

The Dwarf stepped forward. "Not without me, you won't." He turned to Aragorn, nodding to the battlements. "Go on laddie, the lass and I will take care of these brainless bastards."

Aragorn looked to you, his eyes full of question to which you nodded, smiling knowingly. "Aid my brother and help us out when the time comes."

The ranger nodded before turning heel to go join Legolas. You looked to Gimli before talking off down the small hall. It quickly spit you both out on a little ledge. But it stopped just shy of reaching the Helms Deep gangway. You pressed your back against the wall looking for any way you can make it across. But there was not a stone, nick, or path to make it across. You turned to Gimli, your brows raising.

He bounced on the balls of his feet. "Oh come on, we can 'em."

"It's a long way."

Gimli looked to you then around you at the orc filled path. Looking to you one more time, Gimli leaned back then looked anywhere but at you.

"Toss me," he muttered.

You blinked, a smile pulling at your lips. "What?" You whispered.

"I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me!" The Dwarf replied in a hurried harsh whisper.

You nodded once, bitting the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from laughing. But as you reached for him, Gimli turned to you, his eyes full of worry.

"Oh uh uh...Don't tell your brother."

You let yourself the barest of smiles, grasping onto his armor. "Not a word."

Then you tossed him, his body colliding with the nearest orcs and Uruks, his voice calling out in a battle cry. You quickly joined him, your Elvin body not making a sound as you landed among the enemy with your own war cry. Right away the doorway was cleared enough for the Rohan men to repatch the gate. Effortlessly, the two of you worked at keeping back the dirty orcs, slashing, dodging, and decapitating.

You could hear the Dwarf counting as he disposed of each of his victims. You weren't a part of the kill counting game your brother and Gimli were competing in, but that didn't mean you weren't keeping track on your own. Besides, you would hate to crush their weak minds with sixty-seven already.

Suddenly there came a rush of new orcs, their snarling faces and rancid bodies taking you off guard as they pushed back. Gimli kept on fighting, his little frame sure to get lost in the pile of bodies the two of you had procured. But that only told you it was time to get out of there. You pulled the dwarf closer to you, the two of you now fighting back to back.