The Disappearance

So I work at our local supermarket as a cashier. Most of the time I have long shifts because we do not have many coworkers. One day I was lucky and had a shift from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM. That's when the store closes. So when it was around 7:30/7:45 PM, the last pair of customers arrived at the store to buy their last groceries. My cash desk was the only one open and the girl who was standing at the help desk had to go to the toilet. It wasn't a big deal because she would be back soon.

So just like normal no one was at my cash desk at this time so I was looking around myself a bit. Then my eyes noticed this odd looking woman walking through the doors and walking pass us. I smiled because that's something we are supposed to do. But she didn't look back. I let it slide. Maybe she wasn't interested, maybe she was just tired. Or maybe she just didn't see me.

After ten minutes the last customers played for their groceries and my coworker, the girl at the help desk, looked around the store to see if there were any people left except for my other coworkers of course. She told me no one was there. At first it seemed normal. But it felt like I forgot something. And then I remembered. The lady. The one that was looking very odd.

I asked my coworker if she really didn't see anyone. And she checked for a second time. No one. I started to doubt myself. Maybe she walked pass me out of the store while I was helping another customer? Or maybe she got already helped by my coworker at the help desk?... It felt... Strange. Only because I wasn't sure and she was acting odd in the beginning already. Those two combined made it scary.

After closing the store we all went home. I tried not to think of the lady but something still didn't add up.

The next day I had school like always. But after school I had to go to the store for groceries. Quickly when I entered the store, I heard that last night someone ruined some aisles. Products were all over the floor, mixed up. They looked at the camera footage from last night but didn't see anything except for the products falling.

They asked me if I saw something weird last evening because I had a great view of the entrance all the time. Quickly I told them about the odd lady. They searched up the camera footage but couldn't find anything. Only that I was smiling towards nothing. Do I need to say it again? N o t h i n g. That's correct. The footage didn't show the woman.

I still work there after the incident. But sometimes I feel like something is creeping up behind me...

A third eye isn't a third eye

The third eye is in your ⓜⓘⓝⓓ

Open your ⓜⓘⓝⓓ and it will open as well

Close your ⓜⓘⓝⓓ and you will see through hell

••