Sent Away

"A total of over half the world has taken over this sickness, threatening over 600,000 American lives." I switched off the news channel. It's only been 5 days since the sickness of my mom and dad.

It feels like an eternity.

I walked over to my bedroom window and peered out it. A flash of strawberry blonde hair showed again. This time I would catch Mallory and talk to her. Ever since my mom got sick, she's been leaving notes at my door. In them would be an apology or a plea.
I ran down the stair case and flew to the front door. I swung it open and Mallory stood there with her letter. "Wait! Don't go!" I yelled.
She stood there with a blank expression. I knew why. She was caught in the act. "Please, Mallory, don't go. I enjoyed spending time with you for the short amount of time we spent time together. And I know your sorry, I've read every one of your letters over and over again. Can you just come in and talk?" my eyes burned as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.
She quietly said something under her breath.
"What?" I asked.
She repeated herself but I still got nothing. I asked again and got a different answer.
"I CAN'T! Okay?! I just can't Zee! I hurt you, you know I'm a freak! I'm different! Damn it, I'm different..."
I put my hand to cup her face. She pulled abruptly away, but my hand slid to hers.
"Let's just talk about it, please." I love you. I should have admitted it then and there. You're different like me, you're extremely loyal, I want to spend actual time with you. But I didn't say it.
She nodded and walked down the path to my door. I caught up to her, but we never went inside.
A FBI truck pulled up along the curb with others behind it. I watched in horror as hundreds of men piled out of them and into other homes. Five huge armed men ran towards Mallory and me. They grabbed her hard by the shoulder.
"Ow!" she winced in pain and tried to fight, but the two that grabbed her kept their grip.
"Hey!" I stepped forward. The tree other men clawed at me and easily took me down. Literally, took me down.
Mallory gasped. "Zee!" she shook of the men and ran to my side. "Oh my gosh, Zee, are you-" before she could finish, one of the men removed a taser from his pocket and shocked her. Mallory laid limp on the ground.
"M-mallory..." The last thing I saw before being thrown into on of the celled trucks was other families being hauled away and Mallory's unconscious body go to the cell next to me.