The struggles of a Teenage Loser - Chapter One

I know, I know. this is a place for the story. Well, guess what? Too bad. my dedications are going here.

Dedicated to Trisa, or my "Carol" where the adventure of the eighth grade started. (P.S: you're not such a big loser. :) )

Dedicated to Baxter, where the humor of the story is from a memory of times in the seventh grade.

Dedicated to anyone who ever may have felt like a loser... may the "Judys" never get you down. (You'll see.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a day to remember, unlike any other for sure. In fact, this whole year has been pretty memorable.

I took a deep breath as I grabbed my bag and checked the mirror one last time before leaving. I smiled my best smile to myself. I scoffed at the look of me. My chocolate brown hair tossed carelessly in a sloppy bun with a few wispy strands that hung in front of my emerald eyes made me seem frazzled. I shrugged in defeat against my appearance before grabbing my bag. "MERE!" I heard my mother scream my name. It's not really Mere, she calls me Mere, and always has since I was a kid. Its short for Meredith, but she knows I like Mere better. Its just... simpler. I ran out to my mother's car before she peeled out of the drive way and headed to my first day of Bridgeport High, in this preppy little town my mother and I moved to back in July.

I stepped out of the car and was greeted by a brisk of cool, crisp, September air. The trees rustled their leaves, showing off their brilliant gold and crimson color. I fast-paced into the large building, most of the students were already inside, but some kids were still going in, so I knew I wasn't that late. Balancing new binders that simply couldn't fit into my backpack which was bulging with books and journals as I hurried into my homeroom. I am startled by what I see. All the girls look the same, with their hair in painfully tight looking ponytails high on their heads with fabric headbands, with their chewing gum and they are all cluttered together gossiping. The guys are rowdy, laughing obnoxiously and throwing things. Since this is my first day of school and not theirs, I guess they kinda have a right to be rowdy, huh. As I step in, their rambunctious voices gradually subside and they all turn to look at me. I feel their eyes burning my skin as they stare at me. I continue not to say a word as I keep my head held high and go over to my teacher, Mrs. Litteline and ask where I sit. She nods and points over to a spot in the front corner. Great. Just great. Everyone can see my here. For what feels like hours, the bell rings as all the kids snap out of their stare at "loser girl" and loudly shuffle out into their first block classes. I am keeping my head down this time, running out of the classroom trying to be unnoticed as I am swept away by an uncountable amount of students as I race to my first block class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hoped you guys liked it! My first chapter of my first book! YAY! please be sure to comment, vote, leave suggestions and all of that fun stuff! Thanks people! -Shannon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~