ⓕⓘⓕⓣⓔⓔⓝ || he's got passion

"Wake up Liv honey, today's the day!" Mum called from downstairs, oblivious to the fact that I was already awake.

I hadn't been able to sleep all night.

Holiday is finally over and today is the day that I am finally going to Oxford. I'm finally going to Uni.

I laid in bed with my eyes wide open, unable to think of anything other than Oxford.

Oxford.

How did I even get this far? I, Olivia O'Brien am going to the University of Oxford.

"Olivia, are you awake?" Dad asked from the other side of the door.

Of course I'm awake. There's no way I could sleep on such a momentous occasion like this, because very few people get this opportunity to attend this school, and now I get to go.

I pushed my duvet to the side, getting up. "Yes dad, I'm awake." I said.

"Good, now, hurry up, it's a long ride and you wouldn't want to be late for student orientation."

Yes actually, I would.

Student orientation is always just an unnecessary tour of places that will probably be irrelevant to me, I'll probably find everything that I will need on my own.

"I'm coming, I'm just going to bathe quickly." I said.

"Okay, we'll be downstairs waiting." He said, and then I could hear his footsteps getting quieter and quieter.

I went to the bathroom and turned the shower on so that it was hot and the steam started filling the bathroom with the smell and dampness of the bath.

I stepped in the shower, and the water was threatening to burn my skin, it was like tiny bullets hitting me all over my body, but I just stayed there, thinking about Oxford with a huge smile on my face.

"You're going to Oxford." I whispered to my reflection.

"You are going to Oxford." I said, louder this time.

'Without Axel.' A voice in my head whispered, instantly wiping the smile off of my face.

I mean, I know that he was never going to come to Oxford with me, but he promised to visit a lot and be there today, instead he's in America though.

He's in America and I probably won't ever see him again unless it's on the outside of a tabloid.

I don't know why I expected any different though. Boys like him don't settle, and especially not for somebody like me.

I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirrror, I wasn't really anything special, brown eyes, average features, curly brown hair, which, now wet, fell into a tangled looking mop on my head.

Why would Axel stay for me?

There's no reason for him to stay for me, we were only actually together for like a week, even though it felt so much longer. It felt like the whole summer had been leading up to those few days when we opened up, but I guess he felt differently.

I took a deep breath and left the bathroom to go back to my room and get ready. I needed to push him out of my thoughts or else the day would not go as planned.

I got ready and went downstairs, but was unable to eat breakfast due to the nervousness that was pulling my stomach in and out of knots.

"You should eat something," Noah said, "it's your big day."

My eyes widened. "Oh really? I had absolutely no idea."

He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm and took a big bite out of his bread. "Suit yourself." He said.