ⓔⓛⓔⓥⓔⓝ || he's my best

After Axel and I finished talking, he drove me back home. That car always made me feel weird, but it a good way. We always seemed to be closer when we were in his car, and I'm not just talking about proximity.

As he drove, neither of us said anything, but the silence wasn't uncomfortable, it was actually very comforting and reassuring.

When we got to my house, he kept the engine running and turned to me, giving me a small smile. "I'm always here, yeah?"

I nodded, giving him the best smile I could manage.

"Well, I mean, I'm not here in this exact spot like 'always right here outside your house', that would be a little creepy, granted not as bad as me sneaking in your window but that was a one-time thing...I don't usually sneak... into people's windows..."

I chuckled, placing a hand on his thigh. "I get it, and thank you."

He nodded, putting his hand on mine.

We were there for a few seconds before I looked away, "I should go inside, see you at Costa."

He gave me a small wave as I got out and closed my door. I walked up to the front door and unlocked it, giving him one last smile before I entered.

I closed the door behind me and peeked through the window to see him driving off. A small smile cam across my face as I realized that he didn't leave until he saw I was inside.

As soon as he was gone, I rushed to my room so that I wouldn't have to talk to anybody. I didn't want to have to deal with people because I was in the kind of mood that would make me snap at anybody who talked to me.

I was just angry in general and I didn't to undeservingly take out my anger on anybody.

All these little things that went wrong and left me here without anything.

On the way to my room though, I passed Melody's room door which was slightly ajar, inside I saw her sitting on her bed crying.

Melody never cries.

I knocked on the door and opened it slowly, sticking my head inside. "Raven, is-"

"My name is Melody!" She screamed, hurling a pillow at me.

I walked inside and closed the door behind me, I wanted to cry at the sight of her. She looked desperate, rejected and hostile and the same time.

I walked over to her bed and got on, wrapping my arms around her.

"Melody, what happened?"

She shook her head, burying it in her palms.

I sighed. "Melody, you know you can talk to me, right?"

"I did something bad." She whispered, her voice cracking. "I did something bad Olivia."

Oh no.

"What did you do?"

She didn't say anything and I was getting an uneasy feeling.

"Mel?"

Nothing.

"Melody?"

"He broke up with me!"

I had a feeling it wasn't finished though.

"...right after I..." She trailed off.

"After you what?"

She looked up at me, her eyes pleading and I could see the tears brimming.

Oh God.

"After I had sex with him."

My fears were right.