ⓢⓘⓧ || he's starting fresh

"No, we did not shag."

Naíma narrowed her eyes at me as she gave me a look which let me know she did not believe me.

"I'm serious Naí, he just invited me up and we talked. He did give me the pan back though."

Naíma looked at me a little longer, before hanging her head in defeat. "I swear you're gay."

"I'm not!"

"Liv! He is so fit! If you don't want that, then honey, you're better off looking in the other direction."

Naíma and I sat at one of the tables because we were on our fifteen-minute break and other employees were taking over the counter and coffee-making station.

Naíma had been trying to get me to admit the shagging that didn't happen last night.

I rolled my eyes. "It's not that I don't think he's attractive Naíma, it's just that everything else kind of cancels it out for me."

"You think I'm attractive?"

I looked over and Axel was there, smirking.

"Not everything is about you Wilde." I said.

He sat in a seat at the table with us. "You know, I'm your boss, you should be kinder to me."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And you'll fire me if I'm not?"

He shook his head. "It's more fun to keep you."

"Wait so you're saying you would never get rid of me unless I quit the job?"

"Be careful how you answer," Naíma said, "because I'm here too, and whatever treatment she gets, I get. I don't give a rat's arse if you're shagging or not."

"Naíma!"I hissed.

Axel thought about what she said. "Okay, I wouldn't fire you unless you wanted to be?"

Naíma shook her head.

"Engaged in gross misconduct?" He tried again.

She nodded, putting a finger on his nose. "There you go."

She got up. "I'm gonna go now."

"What? No! Don't leave me." I stood up to leave with her.

"Liv, stay here, I have to go make a call." She lied.

I could see right through her lie, and I knew that she knew that I could. She motioned to Axel as if to tell me to go for it or something.

I narrowed my eyes at her, lowering myself back into my seat as she walked away.

Axel was looking at me with an amused expression.

I laughed at that.

"Something funny?" He asked.

My love life.

"I just find it funny how you're never upset, even when you know that I don't want to be here with you, you look amused."

He shrugged. "It doesn't bother me so much because we both know deep down you crave my company."

I didn't even dignify him with an answer.

"So what are you about?" He asked.

"What am I about?" I repeated.

He nodded. "You know, what you like to do in your free time, where you want to go to, what your pet peeves are, where you want to go to college."