ⓣⓦⓞ || he's on my mobile

Dedicated to breathetolove, one of my fans who's been there since day 1. :)

"I'll have a medio caffé latte, no sugar, no whipped cream, extra dry, with half skim, half full milk. No, I don't want semi skimmed milk, just a mixture of the both. And raspberry syrup, mixed with the milk, then put the coffee."

There was a pop of gum and a smack.

"Pardon me?" I asked politely.

I paused entering the order in and I looked up at the customer, the required smile planted on my face.

She was chewing her gum so loudly the whole coffee shop could probably hear her. I reckon all of London could hear her. She looked me over before rolling her eyes, "I said, a medio caf- hell, let's make that a massimo caffé latte, shall we? No sugar, no whipped cream, extra dry, with half skim, half full milk. Don't add any semi skimmed milk; I want a damned mixture of both. And raspberry syrup mixed with the milk and then add the coffee."

I put in her order while cursing at myself for not taking the job at the zoo instead of this. At least at zoos, there are cute little animals, but here, there are people. And I really don't like people.

"That'll be £3.15." I told her, waiting for the money.

She handed me the money and I got out her receipt, giving it to her as I tried my hardest to keep a fake smile plastered on my face. "Thank you for coming to Costa Coffee, please come again." I grumbled.

I gave the order to my best friend Naíma, who worked with me at Costa and she started making the coffee.

"You know Liv, if you let me up there, I could mistakenly spill the drink on her..."

I chuckled sarcastically. "Haha Naí, very funny."

Naíma shrugged. "Fine, I guess I could just spit in it back here." she mumbled.

Of course she could.

We made a deal that I'll be the one to handle customers, and she'll be the one to make the coffee, because she was the kind of person who could not keep that smile on her face if she didn't fancy you.

After a few coffee spills and fights (thankfully only verbal), her ass was on a platter so we decided to keep her back here before she got fired.

 "Let's finish up this shift without any incidents so that we can leave this godforsaken place already."

Naíma groaned, but tossed the cup that she had spit in into the dustbin, pulling out a new one to make the coffee with.

"Hello?" The rude girl called over from the pickup counter. "What's taking so bloody long, hurry up! I haven't got all day! Are you all complete idiots?"

I turned from the person whose order I was taking and looked over at Naíma, who was shooting daggers at the lass.

so wish Naíma had spat in her drink, but it is too against my morals for me to say that aloud.

Naíma popped on the cap as she walked past me, to the counter.

Naíma handed her the drink and the girl scowled, still complaining about the slow service as she left the coffee shop.

I looked over at Naíma and she gave me a sly smile, walking back to me. "I spat in the drink."

I smiled at her, "I love you so much."

Naíma pulled off her employee apron and tossed it in her cubicle. "Liv, if you didn't work this job with me, I'd just about jump of a fucking bridge!"