ⓔⓟⓘⓛⓞⓖⓤⓔ || he's a damn good kisser

"Hey Liv! Ariel! You guys want to try get the ring around the bottle?"

I laughed as he held out a ring to us, prompting us to give it a try. We ran over to his booth and Ariel took the ring from his hand, eyeing up the prizes.

"What do I get if I make this one on?" She asked.

"You can have this." He pulled down a stuffed tiger from the wall. "And your first throw is free so you're really getting some extra value."

Ariel laughed, "Alright then, let's get me a tiger." She brought the ring to her lips, giving it a good luck kiss, before she took a deep breath and threw it at the bottles. It skidded over the top of the front bottle before falling onto the next one with a soft thud.

"Yes!" She threw her hands up in celebration and Kanai looked surprise, but he handed her the lion.

She accepted it with a big smile on her face. "Cheers." She said.

Kanai rolled his eyes, but I could tell he was just faking upset because the corners of his lips were turned upwards.

"You know Ariel plays varsity netball Kanai, you should've let someone like me take the first shot if you planned on making any money." I said.

He laughed. "Yeah, I should have made her pay for that, not my brightest moment."

Ariel tapped his nose playfully. "Not in the slightest."

"Do you want to try?" He asked me.

I chuckled. "Yeah, no bloody way. I'd just make a fool of myself and we all know it's bound to happen some point today, why rush it?"

"True, you are pretty clumsy." Ariel said.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, do you wanna go get some food?" I asked. "I think Nando's has a food truck here."

She nodded, giving Kanai a pat on the shoulder. "Later mate."

He nodded, giving us a small wave as we walked away.

"Wow, today's been fun." Ariel said, looking at the array of stuffed animals she'd won over the course of the carnival. We were having it in celebration of some alumni that donated a hefty sum of money to the school and at the end he would be speaking to us about how to 'stay in the right course' or something.

"Some games had been pretty easy but I must say that Kanai's booth takes the biscuit." She said.

I laughed. "Yep, they're so much fun when you can actually win shit."

"Liv, you just haven't found a game that plays to your strengths, that's all. I mean, you're pretty strong, why don't you try that whole 'hammer the bell' game?" Ariel suggested.

I nodded slowly, but I wasn't paying any attention to her, I was focused on a different booth: the dunk tank.

"How about I try that?" I pointed to the dunk tank and Ariel nodded in agreement, clapping her hands in excitement as we headed over to it.

"You'll finally get a prize now." She said.

"In all honesty, I don't even want a prize."

"Then why are you doing it?" She asked

I stopped as we reached the tank, smiling as I looked up at the seat above the tank.

Ariel's eyes followed mine and she knew the answer to my question before I even said it. "Ah, well then I'm just gonna go get some food, I'll see you in a bit."

I nodded, giving her a small smile as she left.

"Olivia?"

I turned back to the dunk tank and smiled at Axel who was seated right above the pool of water.