Eight

*

A/N:

I've decided to skip the USA game because I thought writing about all three was a bit boring and I can't really remember what happened anyway apart from a KB own goal. Also I wanted to progress with the story, hence the time skip however this chapter does herald the introduction of Ana's love interest.

MANCHESTER IS BLUE!!!! 🔵🔵🔵

*

Solihull Moors FC, Birmingham

The Lionesses came home from the She Believes Cup empty ended and the players went straight back to finishing the WSL season, while Phil and Ana started work on the squad for the two qualifiers against Wales and Kazakhstan.

The two coaches are also in attendance for the first game of the season for Birmingham and Manchester City.

Ana: "Nice ground this".

Phil: "It is and a good day for it too".

With an hour till kick off, the line ups are revealed, eight Lionesses split between the two sides as Ana consults it, running her finger down the teamsheet.

Ana: "So, who are we looking at here, we going the eight girls that are here or are we having any additions?".

Phil: "I think we'll look at the big picture and see how everyone performs".

The two pass the time by consulting each other on players during the warm ups and talking about who will be in the upcoming squad.

Phil: "Karen Bardsley and Carly are our two definite keepers, I just need to decide whether to bring Ellie, Siobhan Chamberlain or Mary with us but I'm leaning more towards Earps.

I was thinking of bringing in Gabby George as well, but the rest of the defenders will be the same as She Believes. I also want to take Leah with us, have you spoken to her about what happens when she gets called up? The media will be all over it no doubt; if they find out".

Ana: "Hmmm.

I spoke to her about it last time when she was supposed to come to America with us and she's happy to not say anything particularly. I mean some of the girls know and it depends who she tells at Arsenal apart from Jordan...".

Phil: "Alright, address again beforehand if you need to and if not, I might get you two in when we get to SGP".

Ana nods, watching the team's head back into the dressing rooms.

Phil: "Midfield will stay the same, Jordan will come back into the squad and we'll list Fran in there too. We'll keep the forwards the same too".

Ana: "Anyone from these two who could be in consideration in case we lose anyone?".

Phil: "Aoife Mannion from the home side is a strong defender so I want her on the standby list, also Lucy Staniforth".

Ana: "Have you been watching the U20's World Cup? It's a shame Georgia and Ellie aren't here today".

Phil nods.