Six

*

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Having landed in Philadelphia International Airport and taken the bus to the hotel, the girls were given some time off before training began in the afternoon.

The staff went out to explore the city along with the players and did the very tourist thing of visiting the Rocky steps, cause why not before grabbing the thing every needed most; coffee.

Alex: "Why are we staying in Philly if we're playing in what is basically New York?"

Ana: "Oh so no thank you to the FA and your coaches for arranging accommodation somewhere that isn't NY and where you haven't been before, to experience a different city?".

Alex: "Thank you".

Alex batts her eyelashes at Ana and smiles sweetly but Ana is having none of it.

Ana: "Batting your false eyelashes won't get you anywhere with me Greenwood and you know it".

Alex stops, now in a huff as Georgia brings their drinks over, accompanied by Jill, KB and Ellie who take their seats around the table the defender and coach found for them.

Karen Bardsley: "Have you managed to master the basics of Instagram yet?".

Georgia: "Oh cause you're such an expert KB".

Ellie Roebuck: "Ahh you know the rule Gee, don't mess with the GK union. Have you not learnt I'm more likely to stick up for KB than you sometimes".

Georgia: "Whatever".

The forward shakes her head, eyes narrowed at Ellie and then takes a sip of her coffee.

Ana: "How much is everyone looking forward to Germany?".

Jill: "I am. We always get ourselves a good test whenever we play against them and I think it'll be better to test ourselves against a well established side before we finish with the US".

KB: "When do we get the heads up about whose playing, the normal day before or can you give us an sneaky idea now?".

Ana: "You know I can't and besides, Mark will chose which keeper plays. That part is way out of my hands I'm afraid".

Ana holds her hands up in surrender, giving a sorry look to the keeper but KB doesn't seem that fussed and the assistant manager feels less guilty about the situation.

Georgia: "You've not told us about your family etc. I presume you know all about ours and especially Alex's here".

Ana: "Well that's only natural when you've known someone for a long time and worked with her boyfriend, and yes I have heard about your families. What is there to say about mine, I mean we're just a normal family, well as normal as you can get for this day and age; there so many variations on the word".

KB: "True".

Jill: "Have any siblings?".