Sixteen

*

Doha International Airport

After an intense warm weather camp, the Lionesses prepare to return to the UK and back to the world of the FA WSL ahead of their January fixtures and second half of the season.

Ana: "I am so looking forward to be getting out of here".

Alex: "I know what you mean. I like the heat but the humidity is killer".

Ana: "Isn't it just. I bet you're looking forward to be getting back to Jack yes?".

Alex: "Yeh. They've got a huge second half of the season coming up with the promotion race and a Premier League spot up for grabs".

Ana: "Big part of the season for you though too".

Alex: "That WSL spot is definitely a big incentive. Anyway your sister messaged me and said that there was something you wanted to talk about?".

Ana: "I can't tell her anything! Her and her big mouth".

Alex: "So what's on your mind?".

The twenty seven year olds eyes unconsciously drift towards where Millie is sat in the lounge and Alex's follow, instantly understanding her predicament.

Alex: "What have you done?".

Ana: "Nothing".

Alex: "That's clearly not true though".

Ana: "Not strictly speaking no...".

Alex: "Something happened at Christmas didn't it?".

Ana doesn't give anything away but Alex can still see through the coach.

Alex: "I knew it! Tell me everything".

Ana: "Calm down, it wasn't anything too dramatic. We just spent some time together and we have have kissed".

The assistant manager whispers the last part, but Alex's reaction attracts unwanted attention anyway and Ana has to tell her be quiet.

Ana: "It's not that big of a deal".

Alex: "Are you kidding me?! Do Steph, Leah and Georgia know?? What about the group chat?".

Ana: "The bet was called off. I found Georgia and Leah trying to sort it and told them they're too young to be gambling. Grilled Steph over her part in it too".

Alex: "I'm sure it wasn't Steph's fault...".

Ana: "Seriously? She was the one who started it".

Alex: "Have you spoken to Millie".

Ana: "I'm assistant coach so yes".

Alex: "That's not what I meant and you know it".

Ana explains her situation and problem to the defender, in the hope her friend can give her some advice.