No More Secrets

Nocturnal Animals
Chapter Eight
No More Secrets

☾☾☾

"How could you be so irresponsible!"

"I don't know."

"Do you know what you put on the line? If the rest of our pack finds out, they'll come after her- and who knows what they'll do!"

"Not if we protect her. They're to obey us, anyways."

"But they already think you've abandoned them, Kenneally. It would be stupid to expect no retaliation."

"They know why we had to come here."

"They know why I had to come here. You on the other hand, should have stayed with your kin. I don't know how you convinced me to bring you along."

"This is a matter that both leaders should attend to together. It's a threat to our kind."

"Yes, Neal- but you're not in charge until your eighteenth birthday. To the pack, you're nothing yet."

"Honey, maybe we can trust her. Seneca's been close to us since her birth! Maybe she'll understand."

"It would be foolish of us to assume that, Marilyn. She's human, and we're not. Information like this doesn't come lightly to the human mind. Her first instinct will be to tell someone."

"But what if we try and get her to keep quiet-"

"No! It's way too risky."

"Well we can't just get rid of her, dad."

"It might be our only choice!"

"Over my dead body. I won't let you touch her."

"Son! It's her, or the rest of us. If our secret gets out, the whole town will come for blood. And then what? Who will protect them? How will we be able to protect the rest of our pack?"

"We can trust her, I know we can."

"Your father's right, Kenny. You know i'll always support you, but having a human run around with this kind of knowledge- it has disaster written all over it."

"I need your support now, more than ever. As my future right hand, you should be following my orders."

"I just don't think trusting her is the right move. You told her to stop digging, and look what she continued to do."

"I don't blame her for looking, Bane. If things were as weird for me, I would question them too. I don't know how I didn't see it coming though. Knowing Seneca, of course she would do her research. This kind of thing is definetly her thing."

"There must be some other way."

"Can we at least try to be honest with her first? And then make a final decision?"

"I don't know."

"At least give him the benefit of the doubt, honey."

"I think we can spare a try. What she already knows is enough for someone to want her dead, so more information couldn't hurt."

"Fine. When she wakes up, we'll try and tell her the truth. But if she can't swear on blood to protect this secret, well- desperate measures must be taken."

"Agree."

"Agree."

"Neal?"

"Fine."