Chapter six, Claimed

Chapter Six, Claimed.

Readers! Yupp three chapters in one night just to make up for ditchin' ya for like what? Three months! So were even. I plan to update tomorrow maybe tonight if I feel like it *smiles smugly and than dodges a punch* Hey! It was only three months. Get over your self...Any way here's your story.

The next few days I settled Percy into a new routine. Each morning he took Ancient Greek from me in the morning, and we talked about the gods and the goddesses in the present tense, which Percy said he thought was weird. He found reading Ancient Greek no harder than reading English.

No offense to Percy, but he was pretty much suckedat everything except canoeing. He hadn't tried swordplay yet though, he might be good at that. I got the feeling Percy was getting impatient in finding out who his dad was.

"Hey Annabeth," Micheal Yew from the Apollo cabin called me. "What is it?" I asked. "That new kid Percy beat Luke in a sword fight," he told me. My mouth hung open in awe. That hasn't happen in years. No one and I mean no one could beat Luke. This ment I had to change the Capture the flag plans.

Friday came round quickly. After dinner, there was a lot of excitement. At last, it was time for capture the flag. I was excited just like everyone else.

When the plates were cleared away, the conch horn sounded and we all stood at our tables. Me, Malcolm and Katie ran into the pavilion holding a silk banner. It was about three metres long, glistening grey, with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree. I thought it looked amazing I had personally designed it, thank the gods. Malcom on the other hand wanted to put glasses on the owl. Hes such a nerd. Who wants glasses on an owl? Thats just stupid.

From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her buddies ran in with another banner, identical size, but gaudy red, painted with a bloody spear and a boars head. It was perfect for the Ares cabin. A couple of cabins cheered for the Ares cabin, but we had more people because the cabins we had allied with were massive, so our cheer was louder. I smirked at Clarisse. She gave me a glare.

The teams were announced. Athena had made alliance with Apollo and Hermes, the two biggest cabins.

Ares had allied with everyone else, but their team was still smaller. The teams they had allied with were: Dionysus, Demeter Aphrodite and Hephaestus. They Dionysus kids were good athletes, but there were only two of them. Demeter's kids had the edge with nature skills and outdoor stuff, but they weren't very aggressive. Aphrodite's sons and daughters were going to be worthless team mates. They mostly sat out of every activity and checked their reflections in the lake and did their hair and gossiped. Hephaestus' kids weren't pretty, and there were only four of them, but they were big and burly from working in the metal shop all day. They might be a problem, but definitely not a hard one. All in all, I thought we had a good chance in capturing the flag.

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble.

"Heroes!" He announced. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!" My invisibility cap was in my pocket and my knife strapped to my arm.

Chiron spread his hands, and the tables were suddenly covered with equipment: helmets, bronze swords, spears, oxhide shields coated in metal. I picked up a helmet with a blue horsehair plume. Ares and their allies had a red plume. When I had got all my armour on and checked that my team all had their armour on, I shouted, "Blue team, forward!"