Chapter Five, Gossiping

Chapter Five

Gossip

Stranger: Hey kid, want some candy?

Me: SURE!

Stranger: Here, enjoy. he hands a note to me.

Dear Ncoley, This chapter from this book had nothing to do with Gossip, How dare you call this gossip Nickki, and what theHades is wrong with you? Taking candy from strangers... Hugs and kisses, Selena.

Me talking to the note: Silly Aphrodite kid, I chuckled. I wadded up the paper and threw it out.

Back to the story, sorry for that rant but is some way it was a massage to all of you :) I think.

Word of the bathroom incident spread immediately like wildfire around camp. I seceded to dry off in the sun so I showed Percy parts of camp that he hadn't seen: the forges (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts-and-crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of the lord of the wild, Pam) and the climbing wall.

Finally we returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," I said flatly. "Dinners at seven thirty, just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets." Percy said.

"Whatever." I told him.

"It wasn't my fault." he despretly exclaimed.

I looked at him sceptically it was his fault, really.

"You need to talk to the Oracle." I said.

"Who?" he asked.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron." I explained.

He stared at the lake; two water naiads were sat there, cross-legged at the base of the pier. They wore blue jeans and shimmering green T-shirts, their brown hair floated loose around their shoulders as minnows darted in and out. They waved at Percy, flirtingly. Percy waved back.

"Don't encourage them." I warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts." I felt something build up inside me not anger and not sadness. Something in between, WHOA! Jealousy? nooo way I thought he was 'the one' for the quest beggining thingy not 'the one' that way. Aphrodite might be messing with my mind again.

"Naiads." He repeated. "That's it. I want to go home now." Poor boy. Hes overwhelmed.

I frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" HA! He wishes. Hmm, never mind thatssomewhat true.

"I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human." I told him.

"Half-human and half-what?" He is SO in denial. I can see it on his face.

"I think you know." I resisted the urdge to slap the back of his head. How could he be so clueless? Calm down Annabeth, hes new.

"God," Percy said. "Half-god." Good, I just thought he was playing dumb.

I nodded. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians. I knew witch one but I really hope I'm wrong.

"That's" He started. Finnaly he gets it. He might start a long conversation about something deep and try to find out witch parent is his. "...crazy" he said. URG! Stupid.

"Is it? What's the most common things god did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"