Chapter Seven, The Quest (This title isn't as awesome as the others I know )

Chapter Seven

Chiron Finnaly Gives in

This is chapter seven right? Im not sure I didn't check. Plus I don't wanna look like an idiot infrount of 600peeps, Plus...thanks for reading im sorry I abandoned you but I'll finish it I promise. Than, I'll finish the 39clues

Disclaimer: Do I look like Rick Riordan? Hades no! I'm way sexier plus im a girl. *giggles while eyes glint* If I were him, I would be rich or something. Hmm, is he rich? DISTRACTION DISTRACTION! Get back to the story!

The next morning, Chiron moved Percy to cabin three. You know, Posiden cabin, the cabin for the God of horses, salt water, and well, Chiron explained yesterday so you should know.

I still helped him with his Greek in the mornings, but most of the time I was thinking. I know. Shocker, right? I once caught myself saying, "Quest...Poseidon?...Dirty rotten...Got to make a plan..."

One day I woke up and Grover trotted inside my cabin looking worried.

"Grover, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Chiron wants to see you in the Big House," he replied.

"Okay," I said slowly. "What for?"

"He just said to go meet him there," he replied.

I got up, got dressed, and sprinted towards the Big House, invisibly of course. By the time I caught up with Grover and Percy, they were already talking with Chiron. Chiron smiled at Percy, but he looked tired and strained. "Sit, Percy, please. And Grover."

They did. Chiron laid his cards on the table.

"Tell me, Percy," he said. "What did you make of the hellhound?" I was sure he was gonna brag about something but his expression changed drastically.

"It scared me," he admitted. "If you hadn't shot it, I'd be dead."

"You'll meet worse, Percy. Far worse, before you're done."

"Done...with what?"

"You're quest, of course. Will you accept it?" Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes!

He glanced at Grover, who was crossing his fingers, possibly going through the 'Please say yes!' phase I was going through a couple seconds ago.

"Um, sir." he said, "you haven't told me what it is yet."

Chiron grimaced. "Well, that's the hard part, the details."

Thunder rumbled across the valley. The storm clouds had now reached the edge of the beach. As far as I could see, the sky and the sea were boiling together.

"Poseidon and Zeus," Percy said. "They're fighting over something valuable... something that was stolen, aren't they?"

Chiron and Grover exchanged looks.

Chiron sat forward in his wheelchair. "How did you know that?"

"The weather since Christmas has been weird, like the sea and the sky are fighting. Then I talked to Annabeth, and she'd overheard something about a theft. And... I've also been having these dreams."

"I knew it," Grover said.

"Hush, satyr," Chiron ordered.

"But it is his quest!" Grover's eyes were bright with excitement. "It must be!" Listen to Grover! Come on Percy, listen!

"Only the Oracle can determine." I shivered just thinking about the Oracle. Chiron stroked his bristly beard.

"Nevertheless, Percy, you are correct. Your father and Zeus are having their worst quarrel in centuries. They are fighting over something valuable that was stolen. To be precise: a lightning bolt" What?