~Dieciocho- Adoring You~

I      continue to stare out at the not-so-scenic landscape proceeding us. I don't know where the idea to go on this road trip came from, nor the lack of fucks I'm currently giving about the potential outcomes that can occur when we get home.

"Why are we both okay with doing this right now?" I ask Alex, his hands firmly gripped onto the steering wheel.

"Probably the heat of the moment. I think we both know damn well that we'll probably be grounded in our rooms in two days from now." We both laugh.

"I mean, maybe. We'll see how this all goes. By the way, you know we can't use up all the money we brought, right?"

"Well, yeah. But how are we gonna save it, though? We're pretty much gonna be in survival mode."

"Your seats recline do they not?"

And here we are, at 7 AM. Parked in an abandoned 'Toys-R-Us' parking lot, lying in the backseat, cuddled against each other as we watch the last 2 minutes of "Coco."

"Y'know," Alex begins, "if we're really gonna have to live in my car for a week, I'm not too sure how I feel about this." He laughs.

"Let's just take it one day at a time. We can see how we like this place."

"I mean, if I'm with you it'll be perfect anyway." Alex says, using a mocking voice to represent the cheesiness of his words.

"Eww, nope. We're done cuddling now bitch." I start to sit up, but he pulls my body back down, once again spooning me. "No we are not," he whispers, "because we're going to bed now." He closes up his laptop and pushes it to the side, wrapping his arms even tighter around me.

      "Sometimes I wonder how I ended up with you, shortie."

      "Don't act like you don't love it, baby."

     I wake up from my well-deserved slumber and check the time on my phone. 2 PM. Goddamn.

      I turn around to face Alex and ruffle his hair, hoping to wake him up. After a few quick shakes to his head and a few whispers of "wake up, bitch" in his ear, he opens up his eyes with a smile on his face. We lie on the patchy material of the backseat for a few moments, just looking at each other in silence.

"Moments like these make me want to be with you forever." He says to me. I smile at him.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way."

What does the future hold? I don't know. But for know we can at least pretend that it's still our little secret.