ⓣⓦⓔⓛⓥⓔ || he's the whole package

I knocked on Axel's door, a few seconds later he opened it, smiling at me.

"Wow, you just can't stay away." He said.

I rolled my eyes walking in. "I actually came to talk to you about my staying at your place, get over yourself Wilde."

He closed the door and followed me inside. "I can't wait to harbor a verbally abusive girl in my apartment."

"Yeah, about that-"

He pulled out his phone which was vibrating. "Wait, one second, I have to take this."

"Who is it?" I asked.

He stood up, taking a deep breath. "It's my dad." He said, before walking out of the living room. "Hello?" I heard him say before his voice faded off.

I played with my fingers, waiting for Axel to come back, but after a few minutes of him not coming back I got worried. He sounded upset when he picked up the phone and I wondered if there was something going wrong with his dad.

Although considering what his dad has done to my family I wouldn't feel so bad for him. I would only be sad if whatever it was affected Axel.

I went to the kitchen to get some mango juice, I poured myself a cup and sat at the island taking small sips.

"That's not my fault!" Axel's voice came from his room.

It was clearer from here and I could faintly hear him talking on the phone.

"Dad, I told you so that you could do something productive, like-I don't know, hire him back."

He was silent for a minute and I was leaning closer, even though I knew it wouldn't make a difference.

"Dad! I-Sorry, sorry. It's not the same though, she won't feel the same about it!"

Silence.

"No, no, I just-I have to go, bye." His door swung open, startling me.

"Hey." He said, walking over to the island and standing next to me.

"Hey..." I looked at his face and he seemed upset, but I couldn't help asking. "Were you talking about me in there?"

"You were eavesdropping?" He asked.

"You weren't exactly quiet..."

He sighed. "It was nothing, it doesn't matter."

"Axel, if it was about what I think it was about, then yes, it does matter, a lot."

He pursed his lips, taking my hands in his. "Livvie, don't get upset."

I looked at him, not saying anything.

He sighed. "My dad...he paid your tuition..."

"Did you ask him to?"

"I mean I told him about the situation in hopes that he'd get your dad hired again, but I didn't go out and ask him to pay for your school fees."

I didn't say anything.

"It's like any other super rich donor Livvie, don't think of it in a bad way."

I sighed, taking my hands out of his. "Well...tell him I said thanks."

He looked surprised by my reaction, but didn't comment on it. "So...I can get the guest bedroom set up for you by tomorrow." He said.

"About that Axel..."

His face fell when he saw my expression, realizing what I was going to say. "You're not staying here."