Chapter 21

Brooklyn's POV

As I waited for August to get back from visiting his mother's house , I decided to call my mother and check up on her.

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Who is this?" My mother asked through the phone.

"It's me mama." I said sweetly back into the phone.

"Oh it's you." She said drily.

"What? Your not happy that I called?" I asked her.

"Yes I am it's just that you haven't called me in a while baby and I get lonely." She mumbled into the phone.

I haven't talked to my mom in a while and she's in California alone so I see why she's lonely.

"I'm sorry mom I've just been very busy lately." I said.

"Too busy to call your own mother?" She asked me.

"Mom you know I just moved down here and my house got broken into and trashed." I said.

Speaking of my house , they're almost finished with repairing all the damages and replacing my furniture.

My mom gasped through the phone. "Baby are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you staying?" My mom asked throwing out a bunch of questions.

"Yes mom I'm okay , I wasn't in the house when it happened , & I'm staying with a close friend of mines." I said.

"You could've just came back to stay with me in California." My mom said.

I love my mom and all but I really just came to Atlanta to escape her. She was very controlling and demanding.

"Well I wanted to stay here." I said.

I could just see my mom now shaking her head at me.

"Well be sure to come visit me sometimes , I get very lonely." She said.

"Yeah I know and I'll come down in a week or so." I said.

"Okay I'll be waiting." She said.

"Okay. Bye mom , I love you." I said.

"Bye baby and I love you too." She said before hanging up.

No matter how controlling she can be I will always love my mom and I do truly miss her.

I wonder what she would think about me dating August...

I might have to bring him when I go visit my mom in Cali.

___________________________

Brooklyn's mom in MM.

What do you guys think?

How do you think her mother would react to Brooklyn dating August?

Comment below

Follow me please

Vote comment follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 💞