:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 22

"Olive!"

Oliver took a step back in surprise as Elliot barreled towards him, his arms out-stretched. Oliver shot me a wary look as he collided with Oliver's legs, wrapping his tiny arms around them, his cheek pressing into Oliver's thigh.

"Hey El," I greeted, kicking off my shoes.

Elliot looked up at me, grinning widely. "Hi, Pig."

"Don't..." I trailed off, sighing. It seemed like Elliot would always call me Pig. It wasn't worth reprimanding him every time.

"Here," Oliver grunted, thrusting his hand towards Elliot, keeping his head raised and looking away.

I glanced down to see Oliver holding out a lollipop to Elliot. Elliot quickly took the lollipop, his eyes wide in excitement. "Thanks!"

"Whatever," Oliver muttered, standing stiffly.

Suddenly Will sauntered into the room, clad in only a dressy shirt and boxers. I blushed, staring at him incredulously.

"Harley, have you seen my black dress pants?" he asked, fiddling with his tie. "I think they might have gotten mixed in with your laundry..."

I glanced at Oliver to see him staring at Will with a blank expression. Will looked up, his eyes widening in surprise when they landed on Oliver. A flush appeared on his face and he laughed sheepishly. "Oh, I didn't realize you brought a guest."

"Why are you walking around my house in your underwear?" I demanded, feeling his embarrassment.

Will pursed his lips at me. "I just said I was looking for my pants."

"That doesn't explain why you're not wearing pants!" I quickly stole another look at Oliver. He still had a blank expression on.

"I'm just going to go to my house and get a different pair," Will stated awkwardly, his eyes flickering to Oliver.

I nodded vehemently. "Good idea." Grabbing Oliver's arm, I dragged him further into my apartment to let Will slip by us, and out the door. "Sorry about that," I apologized, avoiding eye contact.

To my surprise, Oliver chuckled. "Is that your boyfriend?"

I blinked in surprise. "What?"

Oliver smirked. "Husband?"

"No! He's my neighbor," I told Oliver, shaking my head. "He's just... Well, he's Will." There were no words to describe him.

Oliver shrugged. "That's not very exciting. So, this apartment is only yours?"

"Um, yeah," I responded, plucking a piece of string off my shirt. It was weird saying that to Oliver now that he knew my parents were dead. My chest constricted slightly, but I took a deep breath, forcing it to go away.

"How long have you been friends with Will for?"

I stared at Oliver, furrowing my eyebrows. That was an odd question. "I don't know... Since a few days after I moved here? About ten months? Why?"

Oliver shrugged again. "I'm just curious. How'd you two meet?"

I bit my lip, trying to remember. "I think the first day I moved here, Elliot was being a hassle while I was trying to move everything in, so Will came over and helped me... He told me he reminded me of a helpless puppy, and that he wanted to help me out." I smiled from the memory. "Which is a good thing, I guess. He home-schools me."

"Oh," Oliver responded simply.

"Yep..."

Suddenly there was a tug at my shirt. I looked down to see Elliot looking at me disapprovingly. "Oliver's here to play with me, not you, Pig."