:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 8

The English walked into the room, not sparing me one glance. He walked to the back of the classroom and dropped his bag onto the floor before taking a seat in one of the empty desks. He proceeded to lean over and dig through his bag.

"Um, good afternoon," I said hesitatingly.

Oliver either ignored me, or didn't hear me, because he didn't make any sign if response. I pursed my lips, frowning at him. He pulled out a big black binder from his backpack and put on his desk, opening it, and flipping through it.

"I said good afternoon," I repeated, louder this time.

Still no answer. He leaned back over to his bag and pulled out a pen, opening it, and beginning to write. Narrowing my eyes, I made my way over to his desk. Didn't he know ignoring people was rude? I cleared my throat when I reached the front of his desk, and he still didn't look up.

"Excuse me!" I cried, slamming my hands down on his desk.

This time he looked up, his expression irritated. A hand went to his ear and I watched as he pulled out an ear bud. Immediately I felt like an idiot.

"Listening to music devices during the school day is against the rules," I told him with a disapproving look.

"I could care less," he responded simply before putting the ear bud back into his ear.

"Hey!"

With a sigh, he removed the ear bud again, looking up at me with narrow eyes. "What do you want?"

"What do I want?" I repeated in disbelief.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's what I asked."

Who did this dude think he was? I opened my mouth to ream him out, but immediately closed it. I was a teacher. I couldn't ream him out. I had to be mature about this. Taking a deep breath, I counted to ten before letting it out slowly. Oliver gave me an impatient look.

"Um, I could use some help setting up for today..."

Oliver smirked, and for a second I couldn't take my eyes away from him. His smirk suited him very well. A blush was making its' way onto my face, but I fought it down.

"I think you can handle it," he commented, his English accent more noticeable than before.

"But you're supposed to help-"

Oliver stuck his ear bud back into his ear, looking back down at his desk. For a full minute I stared at him incredulously. It took all I had not to rip the headphones from his ears and smack him upside the head. If there could be a human definition of rebel, it would be this guy.

"Oliver," I snapped.

No response.

"Well you're lucky I don't have to set anything up today."

Still no response.

Grinding my teeth, I marched away from his desk and back to mine. I may not have been in regular school for almost a year, but I knew that even the most troublesome students weren't like this. Students didn't flat out ignore teachers! But then again, I thought with a quiet sigh, these were delinquents. They didn't care about anything. Especially this one, apparently...

My eyes landed on the attendance list. A small, yellow sticky note was placed on it with something written on it. I picked it up curiously and quickly scanned it.

Harley,

Make sure you take attendance today. Two students skipped yesterday. Skipping is very habitual for students here, so we have to take attendance seriously.