Chapter Five

"Niall, your going to pop! That's enough!" I warned, Niall and Louis were having a contest to see who could eat the most. Although Louis had given up a long time ago, Niall kept eating.

"Okay Niall, that's enough! You already won!" Louis whined,

"Yeah Niall, that's like, your third box of chicken!" Liam pointed out, but Niall ignored them and dipped another chicken strip in ranch sauce.

"Ugh, your making me sick!" Zayn exclaimed, getting up and leaving the room. That was enough for me.

"That's enough!" I said, snatching the plate of chicken away from Niall.

"Hey! Give it back! I'm not finished!" Niall cried, I darted out of the room and down the hall, still carrying the plate. I ran into my room, slammed the door behind me, and stuffed the chicken in the mini-fridge. I walked back to the door and listened quietly for any sounds, all was quiet. I opened the door and cautiously crept out into the hallway, I walked about five feet and then I heard the footsteps pounding from around the corner.

I darted into the nearest room and quietly shut the door. "Oh Astrid.....come out!" I heard Niall coax, I held my breath and I saw his shadow on the other side of the door. But he moved on, I closed my eyes and breathed out a sigh of relief, then I opened my eyes and looked around the room I had entered. My eyes widened as I realized where I was, in Harry's room.

I whirled around and put my hand on the door to open it, but the knob twisted and I jumped back, then the door opened and in walked Harry. "Oh! Astrid! What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised.

"Um, well...I was hiding from Niall and accidentally ran in your room. Sorry Harry, I'll go." I said, walking toward the door, but he blocked my path.

"Oh, that's okay. You don't have to go, I just came in to plug my phone in to charge." He said, smiling.

"Okay, I'll meet you in the kitchen then." I smiled back and tried to pass him, but he moved slightly, blocking my path once again.

"Astrid. I need to talk to you." He said, the smile gone from his lips, the laughter from his eyes.

"About what?" I asked, trying to sound calm.

"I need you to try and remember what those guys that kidnapped you looked like." He whispered, cautiously glancing towards the door

"Oh, I don't think I'll ever forget." I took a deep breath and continued, "Well, Lucas had these horrible piercing black eyes, and his face was covered in scars....and Cookie, he didn't have any distinct features, he was just heavyset and...oh! He had a tattoo on his right hand, it was like, a snake or something." I said, remembering the strange tattoo. Harry's eyes widened and the color seemed to drain from his face.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! This cannot be happening! I can't believe this!" He said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Harry, what is it?" I asked, he was acting very strange. Harry shook his head, as if trying to shake off a bad feeling.

"It's nothing. Never mind." He said, forcing a smile.

"Harry I don't beli--" I started to argue, but he cut me off,

"Astrid. It's nothing, just forget it, okay?" He said, his face was a mix of emotions; fear, anger and sadness.

"Okay." I mumbled. He smiled and his face relaxed a tiny bit.

"Thanks Astrid." He said, I nodded and walked past him. This time he stepped aside and let me pass.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

"Astrid, are you ever going to give my chicken back?" Niall asked that evening as we all settled around the 32" flat screen TV. I laughed,

"I'll be right back guys." I said, getting up. Then I walked back to my room and brought back the chicken.

"Oh thank you Astrid! I'm sorry I grossed you guys out this afternoon.....I didn't mean to!" Niall said, digging into the chicken. I laughed,

"It's okay, Niall. I'm sorry I took your chicken away!" I replied.

"I'm not." Zayn muttered, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"Be quiet, Zayn." Niall retorted, shoving another piece of chicken in his mouth. Zayn shuddered and looked away, I laughed and sat down on the couch, in between Louis and Harry. Harry glanced at me, and smiled. Louis grinned a cheeky grin and winked,

"I'm glad your here Astrid, Harry explained to us what happened. That's horrible." Louis said, frowning slightly as he looked at my bruised face.

"Thank you for letting me stay. Oh, it's okay....just a few bruises!" I said, trying to sound light hearted,

"Astrid, the pleasure is ours!" He declared, my 'happy' attitude appearantly fooling him. I smiled and turned to watch the TV, Liam had put on an old episode of I Love Lucy and the boys were laughing. I decided to join them and just try and forget the past few days events, so I focused on the show and leaned against Harry's shoulder.