My Nightmare Began In A Coffee Shop {1D Fan Fiction}

It was five in the morning when my alarm went off, I sat up and squinted against the bright morning sun that was shining through my window. I got out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to get ready for work. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, put on my pressed white shirt, and black slacks, and grabbed my purse. Then I headed down the stairs, that led to my apartment, and walked the five blocks to Melody's Cupcake Shop. I entered the dainty little shop and the bell tinkled as I pushed the door open. "Astrid? Is that you?" Sarah, the newest staff member, asked,

"Yes, Sarah, it's me." I sighed, I walked across the shiny tile floor and behind the counter.

"I'm so glad you got here! I was starting to think you might not show up!" Sarah said nervously, she was a big worrier, that girl worried about everything! I didn't answer her, I just poured twelve cups of water in the coffee maker, started that up, turned on the ovens, and started baking cupcakes, scones, muffins, and other breakfast treats.

 ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

"Sarah! The muffins are going to burn if you don't hurry!" I told her, she was trying to put on oven mitts over her gloves.

"But if I don't put these mits on, I will burn my hands! And if I take my gloves off and put the mits on my hands will get cold!" Sarah complained, I rolled my eyes and held back a rude retort. Sure it was  cold in New York, but she could live ten seconds without her gloves!

"Here, I'll do it." I said, taking the mitts from her and placing them over my hands, I opened the oven and removed the muffins. They smelled so good, I smiled and placed them on a cooling rack. Then I removed the mitts from my hands and placed them aside, "Can you open the doors?" I asked Sarah, it was six thirty, opening time. She nodded and walked toward the door, her pink ballet flats clipping on the tile floor. I did a quick glance around the shop, checking to see that everything was in its place, then I began to remove the rest of the pasteries from the oven.