Ch. 16

- 2 Days Later -

-Isadora's POV -

- The Silver Paw -

Ever since the Ball, he's more clingy than he was before. Not that I mind of course, I love when he touches me... but what I mean is, he won't let me go anywhere without him. 'Stay where I can see you kitten'... He's way more protective now.

I decided to go back to work while we wait for Mirella to wake up. The boys came back to the club and did..... well whatever they usually do. Rafael agreed to let me work, even though I know he didn't want me to. He just sits in his lounge chair and watches me. Occasionally walking the floor, finding me and pulling me into a dark corner to make out like horny teenagers. He'll tell me he loves me, pat me on the ass and say 'Get back to work kitten." After our aggressive fuck session, he's more gentler than ever. Not gonna lie, I kinda liked the rough sex. Maybe not hate-fucking but he can throw me around and choke me a bit. He promised he would never do that again unless I asked.

"How's Mirella?" Startled... I turn around and slap the ever living fuck out of Josie. I was so lost in thought, it took me a minute to realize it was her. "What the fuck! Why!?" She whined.

"For shit sake Josie! Learn not to sneak up on people!"

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to know how Mirella was doing." She's super pale for a white girl. So anything done to her skin can be seen very clearly. A bright red handprint, getting darker and more detailed by the second, swells on her cheek. She whimpers as she rubs the side of her face and sits down at the bar.

"Want some ice for that love?" Cass asks and she nods. He fills a bar rag full of crushed ice and ties it at the end with a rubber band. Giving it to her he turns to me and smiles. "Nice slap by the way. Even I felt that."

"My fucking face is numb!" Josie yells. Suddenly the song "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd comes on and Cass burst out laughing. "Who the fuck did that!" I turn and look at the DJ booth. Enrico, Javier, Ishmael and Alfonzo are all standing at the edge of the booth bobbing their bodies to the beat and slapping the air back and forth. Mimicking me and mouthing the word to the chorus. I laugh so hard, I almost puke. "Assholes!" She flips them off and turns back to the bar.

"I'm sorry I hit you. I was deep in thought and you scared the hell out of me."

"It's fine, but if you ever slap me like that again, Im slapping you back."

"Fair enough." I giggle.

"Now... how is Mirella doing?" She asks putting the ice back on her cheek.

"She hasn't woken up yet, so everyone is trying to stay positive. The doctor said her wounds are healing considerably well."

"You'll call us if she...." Josie gets cut off by Rafael running towards us. He picks me up off the bar stool, spins me around and kisses me hard.

"She's awake! We neet to go to the hospital." He smiles and sets me down.

******

- At The Hospital -

We get to her room and find her sitting up in bed watching cartoons with Emiliano, eating green jello. When she sees us, her eyes light up.