Chapter 7 : Broken Promises and a New Beginning

Author's Note : i am so sorry for the time jump this chapter going to have. I maybe disappoint you guys in some way, but i really want to keep this story fresh and keep this story in the path it supposed to be in. To my dear readers who are expecting lolena. Here you go!

Enjoy reading :)!

------------------------------------------

-1 year later-

Selena's POV

I sit on the chair in dining table of my pretty luxurious apartment in the middle of the city where dreams are made of.

Yes.

New York City.

I've shared this apartment with my dearest friend Lily Collins for about 1 year to date.

And for about 6 months i have become the youngest editor-in-chief in a well known fashion magazine Vogue.

And for lily, she's working as a business woman. For a detailed information, she basically own a cafe down our street around the corner. Her parents support her finance for the starter money, you know to pay the rent and all of the things she would be needed to open a decent café. I dont know if i have said this before, but Lily comes from a wealthy family. Her parents work as CEO of their own company. Pretty massive, i thought. But that is not the particular reason to make Lily as a snotty spoiled girl that she was supposed to become just because her parents have all the money in the world. Infact, that is the x-factor of Lily's ambition to prove everybody wrong about a girl who raised in a wealthy family. She wants to prove her family that she can thrive and become the successful woman she always wanted to be.

Aside from that, i'm still wondering about my own life. How grateful i should've been. At this point, i am now in my most content state. You know why? I have no one to think about.

If you're wondering about Zayn, we've broken up in about 6 months ago.

--- 6 months earlier ----

I walk down the hall in Zayn's apartment building in excitement to surprise my very own beloved boyfriend because today, today is his 19th birthday. He has made it clear that he does not want any big party thrown or even a little surprise from me. Nor he wants a piece a cake or even a cheap gift from his girlfriend. But i didn't buy that, of course i will give him a surprise. Which kind of girlfriend that would not give their boyfriend everything in order to make them happy? But its kinda odd how Zayn forbid me to throw him a surprise party, and hence me that he seemed so serious while he was saying that to me. And he also hence that he does not want to celebrate his birthday on the day of his birthday. Odd, very odd.

When i reach and stand upon his apartment door, i didnt knock first. Instead i was eavesdropping, to hear if he's inside.

Oh hell yeah of course i heard his voice. Oh i know that, THAT is his voice. But he's not talking instead he's giggling along with a girl voice being heard as well.

Tears start rushing from my eyes and down through my cheek. As i open the door i saw the figure of my own boyfriend and some girl in his lap holding a birthday cake on her hand.

A terrified look draw upon his beautiful face and a guilty look from the mistress is more horrible to look at.

I said with a trembling voice while i drop everything i bring such as cake to surprise him.

"So.... This is why you wouldn't spent your birthday with me. Its because you'd rather to share this moment with that MISTRESS of yours. Shame."

I cried. I cried so hard but i tried my best to standing still, waiting for Zayn's explanation

"Babe.... Its... It does not look like what you see... We just.. We jus-"

He said while standing and approaching my trembling figure.

"You're just what Zayn? You're just having a good time, knowing that you'd shatter my heart into a million pieces if i've ever found out?" I said, still in my calm state. I want him to know how hurt i am with my word. Not my action.

"I can explain, Selena... Just please give me time.." Pleading and on his knees he was. Saying those words like it worth something

"I don't need you explanation Zayn... You've promised me not to break my heart... Not to hurt me... But in the end you hurt me in the way that would hurt me the most... You're CHEATING on me Zayn... How could you..." Im crying while turning my back and heading out of the apartment. While i reach the door of Zayn's apartment i said

"Please... Zayn... Don't bother running after me.. Because trust me, it wont do shit." And i let out a sarcastic chuckle

"The love we had.... What a waste of a time."

--------- Present Time ----------

Boy, life is cynical. Maybe love is not the part of my life that i could easily get. But i have not intention to rushing it. Infact i wouldn't be bothered if i have to stay single for a very long time, because i basically have a great job and i live in the same apartment with my bestfriend! I wouldn't need anybody or anything in particular in the mean time.

-RINGGGGGGG-

I search across the room to look out for my phone, and then i found it on the counter table in my kitchen. I read the caller id before i pick the phone up, it turns out to be my boss.

Anna Wintour?

"Good Morning, Mrs.Wintour. How can i help you?"

"Hello Ms.Gomez i hope i'm not interrupting you in this lovely sunday morning"

"Oh no, you're not interrupting me Mrs.Wintour. But your phone call is pretty out of the blue, since i re-call today is my day-off"

"Yes, i understand that this phone call was unexpected. But this is important Ms.Gomez. Im afraid you have to call everything that you have planned today off. Because you have to supervised an editorial spread of a young man that we're going to shoot today."

I let out a small sigh as begin to talk again

"Of course Mrs.Wintour. But if i may ask you, who is this young man? Why is this shoot need to be under my supervision?"

I ask curiously

"This young man is a new force in both of music and box-office industry, Ms.Gomez. His name is Logan Lerman"

Then suddenly i slip my phone. And without my acknowledgement. My phone is already laying on the ground