Kova 19

Ash scooped Kova into his arms, the rest if the inner circle had taken off already.

Ash smiked down at her letting his wings appear. "Your wings are back" she said happily looking at their impressive length. "Yep" Ash replied popping the 'p' as he jumped into the sky.

"You do realise I can fly there myself"
"And ruin your hair?"
Kova laughed, she felt Ash tense slightly, when she asked him why he just smiled at her, light dancing in his eyes.
"Your laugh is beautiful"
Live felt her cheeks heat up at the compliment.

"Your wings are very handsome" she said reaching up to touch them. Ash's hand caught hers. "If you want to get to the party then I wouldn't do that" he warned his voice had dropped to a low guteral tone. Kova laughed again withdrawing her hand.

"So I have the biggest wingspan?" Asked Ash after a minute or two. The sun had set, bathing them in starlight, the house of wind was coming closer. Ash seemed to be taking his sweet time giving get there. "I think I'm qualified to attest that you have a considerably large wingspan" Kova replied. Ash swooped lower chuckling, the vibrations of his laughter were felt through his suit as Kova curled tighter into his chest.

They alighted on the balcony of the house of Wind. Music floated up to them. Ash extended his hand to her, Kova gently took it, allowing him to lead her down the steps.

People's heads turn to see them as they descended the steps. Whispers flew around the hall like wind. Kova shifted slightly under the hundreds of pairs of eyes looking at her. Ash lead her into the dance floor. People backed away giving them space.

Kova looked up at her father on the second floor balcony. He was looking down at her, a glass in his hand. His eyes shone with pride. When he caught her eye he inclined his head raising his glass to her. Kova then saw Rhysand and Feyre smiling at their son who was also looking at his parents. Kova saw the encouraging nod that Feyre gave Ash.

A song began to play, it was slow and steady but the melody was beautiful. Ash began to spin her around, lifting her by the hips as he twirled her around. The only sound was their movements and the music.

"They are all looking at you" Kova whispered to Ash. Ash smiled looking at her like she was the only person in the world.
"Believe me they are looking at you"
The song built up in speed. Kova found herself beginning to lead Ash in the dance as it became faster, it turned more into the music Kova had grown up with in the Winter Courts festival seasons. She spun around Ash, twisting and jumping into his arms only for him to spin her again.

She didn't notice when other people had begun to join in till the dance ended. Applause filled the room. "You've studied with Winter Court dances?"
"For you I would study anything"

He lead her over to his parents who where stood with Kallias and Vivianne. Vivianne squealed as Kova approached pulling the girl into a tight embrace. Vivianne was dressed in a pale blue flowing dress. "You look stunning my dear" tears glimmered in her eyes.

Kallias bowed his head to her, "You're mother would be very proud of you" Kova's heart swelled. Azriel appeared at her side, he tapped her on the back, "I believe this is your song" he chuckled nodding to the dance floor.

Kova squealed as the music began, she grabbed her father dragging him onto the floor. The mucus was quick, extremely quick. Kova twirled with her father clapping her hands. The winter court flooded onto the floor.

Kallias pulled Vivvianne past Kova and Azriel. Kova caught sight on Mor an Cassian in stitches laughing at her father dance with her. She saw Rhys and Feyre laughing at them.

Ash's eyes locked with hers he was smiling nodding his heat in time to the beat. Kova's bare feet pounded on the floor in time with the court that had raised her.

People began dragging other courts onto the floor. Arziel pulled Rhys and Feyre onto the floor with much cheering from the night court.

Kova made for Ash. "Oh no." He shook his head but allowed himself to get dragged onto the floor. Kova spun around him, she giggled as he tried to pick up the beat. All the courts were a few beats behind but the winter court didn't seem to care.

Ash and kova laughed as they saw Cassian and Mor dragged out to join the rest of the inner circle.

Kova for the first time in years felt truly happy. She was safe and happy. The night blended together as music flowed through the air. She spent most of her time dancing, with or without Ash. Wine flowed like water. She distinctly remembered Ash's warning of how drunk the courts could get.

She didn't care. Not with Ash's arms around her. She was laughing and smiling for the first time in so long. Nothing could dampen her mood.

Or so she thought.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N I'm sorry for such a long hiatus, I'm planning for this story to have two more chapters (one being an epilogue).

The music at the start is the music I imagine Kova dancing to, when it picks up is the song that she drags Azriel onto the floor.

Quick question if I did an Azriel x OC would you read it?

Thankyou so much for all the support on this book!!

Tess