1: Ash

Ash had to restrain himself from groaning as his father walked stiffly into the room followed by Tamlin. "Tamlin" his mother smiled politely at the High lord of Spring. "Feyre, Rhysand, Ash". Tamlin's eyes always paused on his face whenever they met, perhaps it was because if Feyre had married Tamlin, Ash would be his son not Rhysand's.

"You came with news" Rhys spoke calmly, his gaze flicked quickly to the shadows where Ash knew Azriel was stood, cloaked in shadow. "Why was it so important Ash has to hear this news as well?" his mother held his shoulder firmly, his hand drifted towards his belt checking that his sword was at his hip just in case.

"Did you ever know that Hybern had an heir?"

Cassian who was hunched near the door scowling, choked. "The king had a child?" Feyre asked surprised, "So it seems but in the 20 years since his fall not even your shadow master heard of this child's existence"
"I heard of the child" Azriel's soft voice cut the room, surprise and maybe a little hurt flashed across his fathers face.
"Why didn't you tell us" Cassian asked angrily,
"Because I thought the child had died"
"Well you were clearly wrong shadowsinger" Tamlin snorted, "His men came to my court yesterday demanding that I arrange a meeting between him and the night court"
"Why?" Feyre began, but Tamlin cut her off.
"The message was clear bring Ash along or their will be never peace between you and him, war will be rekindled"
Ash raised his head to Cassain who was bitting his lip. Ash wanted to yell at them that it was just a peace meeting and that he could handle it. He had passed the blood rite at the Illyrian camps for caldron's sake.

"Thankyou for coming to us" his mother thanked Tamlin. Tamlin gave her a soft cold smile while he tossed a scathing look at Rhysand, this guy could definitely hold a grudge.

Cassian moved to escort Tamlin out but the High lord widowed with a crack.
"I think we should go" Ash broke the silence himself. Feyre rose to object but stilled glancing over at her mate, a silent conversation occurring between them.

"If it helps I have someone who could help. She's been trained by both Cassian and me." Azriel supplied, "It would allow both of us the stand beside Ash and Feyre while she keeps hidden"
"Are you sure she's ready Az?" Cassian asked his brother, Azriel nodded. "She's been kept from court business for too long. If I were to die, Rhys wouldn't even have met my successor"
"Azriel" Feyre gasped in horror but Azriel shook his head mumbling that it was the truth of the matter.

"Very well" Rhys turns to his son, Ash had inherited his fathers looks but his eyes were emerald not purple. "Be ready"

————————————————-
Ash stood on a flat plain somewhere close to the summer court but not too close. Cassian stood on his left while Azriel spun truth teller on his right. Feyre and Rhys stood a little ahead watching the party approach. They were on horseback, dressed in bronze armour that glinted in the setting sun.

When the group arrived the men at the front spilt, a white stallion trotting forward. A boy jumped down, his brown hair swept of his face, soft looking. He was handsome, Ash couldn't deny it, well built not so broad but not so skinny. His resemblance to the king was there. Ash had seen enough images of the kings death on tapestries to know. But the boy had obviously pick up most of his looks from his mother. Pale skin and coal black eyes, he was only a couple of years older than Ash.

"So you're the famous son of the heroes of Pyrithan" he drawled at Ash. His voice like velvet, the way he moved reminded Ash of a cat. "I am" Ash smirked at the other boy cockily, one thing he's learnt from his father was how to appear disinterested. "Asher" the way the boy spoke his name sent shiver down Ash's spine, cold ripples.
"What is your name and what do you want with my son?" Rhys growled. "My name is Xavier" the boy said without hesitation. "I simply wanted to see for myself the legend in the flesh." Xavier to a step forward, the Illyrian's both sides tensed. There were four times the number of soldiers with Xavier than their group of five. Xavier's smile was vacant cold with an air of malice.

"And to make sure that you feel my pain when my father died. Your son is my price, Rhysand ". Men seemingly motionless behind Xavier moved, quicker than the eye could follow. Cassian threw Ash behind him meeting the first man's blade with his sword while Azriel sliced truth teller through the air. Rhys had shoved Feyre behind him drawing his sword, while Feyre used her water magic. But Xavier stalked past the Illyrian's who tried unsuccessful to intercept him weighed down by the men. Xavier drew a black blade as he approached, Ash drew his adjusting his stance.

"Kova!"Azriel yelled.

A shadow knocked Xavier out of Ash's vision. A girl stood looking at Xavier carefully, white hair tumbling down her back, the darkness curled around her like a sleeping dragon. Her stance was a mirror image of Azriel's.

Xavier growled in annoyance throwing himself forward. The girl met his blows moving like liquid shadows. Unfortunately Xavier was skilled with a blade, far more competent than his father had been. Ash tried to move forward to join in but his mother gripped him holding him tightly, "It's you he wants" was her only warning to him as she watched the girl's deadly dance.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N so this is something I've been working on for a while as I was writing it in my spare time during my exam season. This book will be told for two points of view.

Hope you enjoyed it! Thankyou for reading, updates will be relatively quick.

Tess