<3~Apartment~<3 Part 3

Now you’re probably thinking Jonghyun is going to agree and find a way out of being labeled as my ‘rebound guy’. It’s okay, I’m thinking that as well, but by Jonghyun’s heated expression, I’m starting to doubt my own thoughts. Why is he acting so different?

“Well we don’t need your permission,” Jonghyun challenges her, shocking Onew and me. We exchange panic glances, knowing Jonghyun isn’t going to step down now.

I~ lost my mind~

Indeed… Jonghyun has completely lost his mind.

“Uh, well Grandma, it was nice having you here, but you need to go,” I announce, trying to find an escape.

“No, I don’t want you living this this hooligan,” my grandma fights back.

I send Onew a pleading gaze. Understanding right away, he grabs Jonhyun and rambles, “Oh Jonghyun! I think Roo is pooping in the living room!” Within seconds, both of them are out of the room. Good! It feels great knowing that I can rely on Onew still.

“I don’t like him,” my grandma bluntly states, “Don’t ever date him.”

Whoa, it’s quite scary how serious she is right now, but it’s still puzzling too. My grandma just about loves any kpop male star… So why does she dislike Jonghyun so much?

“Come on grandma, let’s get you home,” TJ says, taking her gently by the elbow. After I politely escort them out of our apartment, I scurry off to the living room where Onew and Jonghyun are exchanging whispers.

“What was that?!” I aggressively demand, throwing my hands up in frustration.

“She started it!” he immaturely whines, “Why am I the only one she disapproves of?”

“Why do you care?” I ask. Suddenly, I notice Onew sneaking off towards the kitchen. “HEY! Where are you going?!”

He quickly turns around and acts like a little child being caught doing a bad thing. “I…um…the chicken is getting cold…”

Prolonging my sigh, I roll my eyes and say, “Fine.”

“Yes! Gomawo!” he cheers, quickly exiting the living room. Oh gosh, that boy…

“Don’t eat all of it!” Jonghyun yells after Onew.

I turn back to Jonghyun and repeat my question. “Why do you care?”

“Your grandma basically told me that I wouldn't be a good boyfriend,” he explains, showing his frustration, “I am a great boyfriend!”

I just roll my eyes again. Of course he would overthink it. “Jonghyun, my grandma didn’t say you are a bad boyfriend. She just doesn’t like you,” I explain, growing impatient with this argument.

“Break up with Minho,” he abruptly demands.

Literally, I have to take a double look at him. Once I notice no humor in his face, I narrow my eyes at him and ask, “What?”

“Break up with Minho and date me,” he demands again, keeping intense eye contact with me.

I~ lost my mind~

This time I break out laughing. Perfect timing. I ignore Jonghyun's determined stare and finally check my phone. I have three messages—one from Maddie, one from Kalyn, and one from…my grandma? Wait, when did she learn how to text? I quickly click on her message and read: Dad agrees with me. DO NOT date that boy…ever.

Wow, she even called Dad and asked him? Not that I disagree, but why are they so against Jonghyun? What do they dislike about Jonghyun that they don’t see in Key? Honestly, those two are so alike that they can pass as brothers.