<3~Parents and Bonfire~<3 Part 3

<3~Parents and Bonfire~<3 Part 3!

We hurry over and see everyone lined up with Jonghyun holding the volleyball. I can already guess that he’s going to place himself as team captain. This boy is all about competition.

“Who are the team captains?” I ask.

Jonghyun smugly smiles over at me. “You and me.”

Of course, why am I not surprised? “Ok, how about losing team has one rule-free demand of the other team?” I offer.

“Sounds interesting. You’re on!” Jonghyun happily accepts.

Heh, Jonghyun is going to lose again… I just know it.

“Let’s pick teams,” he says, “Ladies first.”

Instantly, I know who I want. “Minho.”

“Key,” Jonghyun picks.

“Taemin.”

“Kalyn.”

Damn, she was my next choice. I look over and find it funny how the three stooges ended up on the same team. We got this in the bag!

I glance at my last two choices which are Maddie and Onew. Hmm…do either one of them play volleyball? Doubt it, but I can see Maddie just kicking ass more than Onew. Plus he has a condition…

“Maddie,” I chime. Sorry Onew…

“Alright we’ll serve first,” Jonghyun declares, “First team to 15 wins!”

“Bring it on,” I arrogantly say before I jog over to my spot on the battlefield.

<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3

After a lot of failed serves, intense out-of-bounds arguments, and Onew falling down repeatedly, the scare ends up as 14 – 14. Who would’ve thought they would tie with us. Thankfully, it’s our serve.

“You got this, appa!” I cheer towards Maddie.

She gives me a terrified stare as she holds the ball timidly. “I can’t do this…”

“Yes you can,” Taemin sweetly cheers.

She takes a deep breath. “Ok…”

“Don’t mess up!” Jonghyun shouts from the other side of the net.

This flames Maddie up as she glares at him. Suddenly, she pulls out an overhand serve that flies right over the net. Man! Where was that serve 14 points ago?!

Sadly, Kalyn is able to dig up the serve. Key sets the ball and Jonghyun goes up to spike it. Thank goodness Minho is way taller than Jonghyun. He goes to black the spike and it bounces of his fingertips, making it fly out of bounds near me.

Since Minho touched it last, I automatically have to recover it. I run as fast as I can and dive for it with one hand. Good part is I actually hit it back over the net. Bad part, I trip and roll down the steep hill, crashing into the wired fence that separates my neighbor and my yard.

“Stephanie! Are you okay?!” I hear Maddie yell.

I immediately bark, “Yeah! Keep going!”

I try to get back up, but searing pain in my left leg stops me. I look down and find out that my leg is stuck in the rose vines that grow on this fence.

Thanks neighbors for putting a rose plant right near the fence…

Quickly digging the thorns from my flesh, I pick myself back up and run back over to the playing field. But I’m too late… Jonghyun spikes another ball right in the spot I should’ve been at. Frick!