<3~Parents and Bonfire~<3 Part 2

The rest of the day, we just set up for the bonfire with my father keeping a close eye on us. Sigh… But eventually, he leaves us, saying he’s “done working on the garden”. Finally, this gives us a break from our acting.

“Man, I could feel your dad’s glare on me every time I got near you,” Minho tells me, “I thought he gave me permission for a reason.”

“Don’t worry about it. My dad just needs time to get use to you,” I say, gathering up the volleyball net from under the deck.

“Do you need help with that?” Minho offers, stepping under the small deck.

I pick up the pile and secure it in my arms. “Nope, I got it.”

I start walking in his direction so I can get out of this creepy storage place. I mean, a spider can just easily fall down into my face in any second! But once I reach closer to him, I stumble over the volleyball I forgot to pick up. Down I go as I instantly come in contact with the grass. Just freaking awesome…

“Steph? You okay?” I hear Minho ask.

I look up and see him offering his hand to me. I take it and pull myself up, untangling myself from the strings on the net.

“Thanks,” I shyly say, keeping my eyes glued on the volleyball net. I notice how closer Minho is to me and when he reaches for my face with his hand, I nearly jump out of my skin.

“Chill out,” he soothingly says, “You have some grass in your hair.”

I continue to keep my head lowered since he’s so close to me. I don’t even dare to look up because I know exactly where it would go from then on.

Step step…

Footsteps? From the deck? Who’s coming out now?

“Um, I think my dad is coming,” I whisper to Minho, hoping he’ll jump away. Instead, he puts a hand on my waist and the other just below my chin. He forces my head up, burrowing his eyes into mine.

“Just one last check,” he softly says, examining me with his dark cocoa eyes.

Step step…

God, hurry up Minho!

Suddenly, he gently rubs his nose on mine as his hands cup my flustered cheeks. Instantly, my mind goes blank. I can't even register the fact that he just... Gosh! I can't admit what he just did to me! Even thinking about it right now is making my heart shoot off like the Dragster from Cedar Point.

“OH!” a chorus breaks out from above us. Those noises are definitely not my dad’s doing. Wae? WAE?! We both look up and there’s Jonghyun and Key, peering down at us over the railing. What are they doing here?!

“Crap,” I hear Minho hiss under his breath, quickly removing himself from my space.

“Eskimo kiss! Eskimo kiss!” Jonghyun chants, intensely pointing down at us. Hearing him say that almost makes me fall over.

“Wait till Kalyn and Maddie hear this!” Key laughs, knowing that Kalyn and Maddie are super protective and possessive of Minho. Damn it, I’m so screwed…

I quickly take the volleyball and chuck it at the two. “Shut up!”

“Hey! Hey! What’s going on out here?” I hear my father’s voice shout as he walks out near Jonghyun and Key. His fierce eyes immediately shoot at Minho, not even acknowledging the two idiots standing next to him.

“Your daughter just got ESKIMO KISSED!” Jonghyun and Key snitch at the same time. Oh my god! I’m seriously going to kill them both!

My dad just awkwardly glances between Minho and me and sharply turns away, saying, “I need a beer…” With that said, he leaves, obviously stressed out about my “fake” relationship.