Chapter Eighteen

I couldn't move. All of my limbs had frozen as if they had turned to stone.

Archer was-
He turner into-

I couldn't even comprehend what I had just seen. Merely a few seconds ago Archer had been crouched down before me, trying to grab me, before he changed into the beast in front of me.

Bones and muscles had reshaped themselves in a grotesque manner. His shorts lay discarded on the floor as a heap of shredded material.

I couldn't hear anything above my pounding heart beat. I took in every curve of each claw, and every point of each tooth.

The creature that came to me in the woods. The one outside my house. It was him. He had been watching me this whole time.

As a gigantic wolf.

It sat patiently in front of me, seemingly waiting for my reaction. The initial shock finally wore off and a penetrating shriek ripped from my throat. I tried to scramble backwards again, forgetting that there was a wall behind me, consequently smashing my head against it. 

I groaned clutching the sore spot, but never taking my eyes of the overgrown dog. He whimpered, slowly coming towards me, with a sympathetic look in his eye. I screamed again, jumping up. My head spun a bit, but I ignored it running for the door.

I heard a low growl as I wrapped my hand around the door handle. Looking over my shoulder I saw the wolf giving me a look that said "don't you dare"

Not wanting to be in imitant danger for a second longer, I ripped open the door and slammed it behind me.

Running down the hall as fast I could, I tried to distance myself from the violent banging coming from Archers room. From what I could hear and the vibrations shuddering the whole house, there was no doubt that he wasn't throwing his whole body against the door.

Splinters of wood shot past my head and I ducked down, along with sound of the door finally breaking down. The thundering of paws coming up behind me, dared me to look back but I kept my head forward focussing on making it down the stairs.

For a brief moment the pounding behind me stopped as a large black figure jumped over my head, landing in front of me. I skidded to a halt as I faced the snarling animal.

Falling backwards, I landed heavily on my back. I scrambled to lean on my hands as it began to stalk towards me.

I stared helplessly towards it. Defeated, I sat, my lip trembling in fear.

As if sensing my surrender, his ears perked up and he retracted his shinning teeth. Tentatively, it moved it's huge paws towards me in slow steps.

All I could do was watch. I knew there was no point in running, as he could easily outrun me.

I gulped nervously as his face levelled with me, his large yellow eyes stared deeply into mine. My heart was thundering so hard it felt as though it was going to jump out of my chest.

Following his movements, I watched as his snout travelled to my hair line. His wet nose sniffed around my neck, taking long, deep breaths.

Letting out a low unsatisfied growl, it move to my left side doing the same. It's hot breath fell on my skin making it clammy. I closed my eyes waiting for this be over, for him to finally take a chunk out of my neck and kill me. 

I squealed when it's rough tongue darted out, licking a particularly sensitive spot. Tingles exploded on my neck, shocks wracking my spine.

Scared by the unfamiliar sensation, I pushed it's head away, not wanting him to do it again. A warning growl had me dropping my hands in an instant.