Chapter 3

I fell to my knee's unbelieveing of what he was saying. Date Kota? How can do that? I don't... I love Gaara... and things were starting to look up for us! I can't! But... that song is ours... I wrote it for him... and for him it shall stay. My heart hurt as I mustered up enough of my voice to look up into the cold and evil eyes of my producer. "Okay..." I said brokenly. And his evil grin grew.

"Excellent. I knew you'd agree." He walked out of the room, leaving me to my heartbroken thoughts and tears. My mind was flooded with images of Gaara, standing tall and proud with teeny tiny me next to him, holding his hand and smiling. I thought of my dream of us, together as more than friends, a stolen kiss here and there, him finally telling me the three words I so longed to hear him say to me. But then the image shattered as an image of Kota replaced Gaara.

I stood and walked with my head hung low into the other room. Gaara was still on the couch, waiting for me. My heart throbbed in my chest as I walked past him and went to stand in front of Kota, slidding my hand into his. Osenchi, who sat in the chair in front of the controle board smiled. And I just couldn't bring myself to look at Gaara. Because my already broken heart would completly shatter if Ilooked at his face right now.

Osenchi's smile made me sick to my stomachand the room started to spin. I fell to my knee's, Gaara and Kota's voices filling the air around me in muffled unison. Both boys kneeled next to me, one hand in Kota's and one in Gaara's. Mother's voice also floated in, though she sounded more angry than worrysome. I fell against Gaara as the room span faster and faster, until finally, I could no longer see it.

The next I opened my eyes, I was in my room at Gaara's house. It's seems like I spend more time here than actually at home, and two years ago, Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro agreed with that and gifted me with a room of my own here. I stared up at the lavander canopy top of my bed and groaned at the pulsating pain in my head.

A warm, teeny tiny ball of black fluff nudged my face, a cold wet nose hitting my cheek. My kitten Nora was a birthday gift from Gaara last week, and she always seems to know when I'm not feling my best. I scatched behind her ear and let her curl up on my stomach. The door opened and closed, but I didn't sit up to see who it was. The fact that Nora stayed curled up told me exactly who it was.

Gaara smoothed my hair back away from my face and put a cold cloth on my forhead. "Feeling alright?" He asked. I turnned my head away from him in answer. "You need to stay here tonight. Clarity was pretty angry that we had to pospone the recording because you got a fever." Sounded like my Mom. She would tell me to keep working if someone had plunged a knife in my back.

Gaara helpped my to sit up just as Kota walked into the room, reliefe washing over his face when he saw me awake. Nora got up and weaved around Gaara's hand as Kota came closer. She hates people, but Gaara and I are the only two she is comfortable with. But she is still a good kitty. Never hisses, never bites, never claws. Gaara said he got her from a family who couldn't take care of her.

Kota smiled at me as I petted Nora and let Gaara press the cold rag to my head. "It's good to see you up! You had us really worried." The doorbell downstairs rang and Gaara left to answer it. The moment he left te room, I faced Kota.

"Osenchi stole something from me. Something that he says I can't have back unless I become your girlfriend. Please, Kota, I need your help. Tell him you won't go through with it. Tell him you don't want to date me and give me back what he took."

He looked at me increadiously and reached forward to pet Nora. She hissed and swatted at his fingers, causing him to frown. "I already talked to him about it. And I told him I would gladdly do it." My heart sank. "You see Esendo, I'm new to the business, and I want to be big. I want to be big fast. And what better way then by dating the famous Esendo Yakamura?"

"No! Kota, you can become big just by your own hard work and talent. Please, I moving slowly to the realastionship I've always wanted. You can't take that away from me!"

"I can take whatever I feel like taking at this point." Nora hissed again and clawed his hand. "Stupid cat!" He whacked my pressious baby off the bed and into Gaara's arms. He had just walked through the door at the perfect moment.

Gaara's eyes hardened on Kota. "I think It's time for you to leave." Nora growled lowly as he walked past. And at that moment, I knew my life was going to go to hell and back to get that song in my hands once again.