Chapter 9

Sun. Bright, bold, shimmering with a warm ray of gold across the world. I've always admired the sun, though I've never taken the time to enjoy it. With my life the way it is, I was never really able to. But unknowingly, my manager and producer have forced me to enjoy a day at the desert oasis with my boyfriend and my 'boyfriend'. I sat on a towle in nothing more than my favorite two piece light blue swimming suit, rubbing sun tan lotion across my arms.

Gaara sat near by, looking out unhappily at the water. He doesn't particularly like water, mainly because it affects his sand. But I told him I wouldn't make him go in the water unless he really wanted to. And I had the perfect way of making him really want to. After finishing with my lotion rub down, I joined Kota who was wadding around in the water. He looked up and smiled at me with an evil grin as he ducked under the crystal clear water and swam faster than I've even seen a fish swim.... There's no way that boy with from the desert.

I stood, ready for whatever prank Kota had in store for me. He finally poped up from behind me and pushed me over into the water. When I was able to get up, I growled in a playful manner and bombarded him with splash after splash, laughing at him when I finally stopped as he cleared the water off his face. When his teasing glare hit my eyes, I ran the other way.

Kota is fun. He really is, and thats why I don't mind hanging out with him sometimes. But he refuses to tell Onsenchi that the deal is done, I've asked him several times, pleaded with him. For some reason, he doesn't want us to end yet. Gaara says it's because Kota has stronger feelings for me than we originally thought. I just don't know if I believe that though.

"Hey!" A high pitched male voice called out. I trained my eyes out on the area it came from, seeing a tall figure with blonde hair pulled back in a short ponytail and a large grin. Next to the male was a girl with long hair pure snow white and skin to match, a ball in her hands. "Room For two more?" He asked.

"Iku! Asoka!" I cried in joy, running from the water to greet them. Iku greeted me with a bright brimming smile and a hug that literally lifted me off the ground. Asoka was more suttle, gently putting her arms around me and stepping back when done. "Oh my goodness! I didn't think you would be here until later in the week."

"Well that was the plan, but then Macy called Jun and said you were having a secret shot photo shoot out here and that we should come here early and chill at the oasis. Apparently the other groups are coming too."

"Other groups? What other groups?" I asked, looking behind me at Kota whose face had gone pale in an 'oh shit' moment.

"They didn't tell you?" Asoka asked.

"There's going to be ten of us! Two from each nation." Iku finished. What?! I thought it was just going to be the four for us! A nice tour trip with the four of us. But now theres going to ten?

Kota ducked under the water and tried to swim away. "Kota." A small blip sound told me he was peaking up at me. "How come you didn't tell me this bit of information?"

"Um... because I didn't want to be mad?"

My glare was so intense he jumped from the water and nose dived back in, swimming away afraid for his life. I wadded in the water after him but with my meager swimming skills, I knew there was no way I could catch him. But he had to come up for air sometime. I was absolutly furious with him! And Gaara could see my fists shaking and came in the water after me, holding my shoulders and leading me out onto the sand. What Had been the scariest part though, was that he set me down and held me so my back was against his chest until I stoped shaking. Did he forget about the hidden camra men? Or... he stop caring about whether we were caught or not.

I didn't know, but I relished the feel of his arms around me and the calming rhythem of his heart beat against my back. Slowly, my breathing calmmed, my eyes closed as I calmmed myself, a training trick Gaara had taught me to deal with what Esendo normally had. I've gotten pretty good at it. All to soon, Gaara let go. "Better?" He asked. I turnned to him and nodded. He always makes me calm.

Asoka and Iku had dragged Kota into a game of water catch with the ball and I ran over to join them, trying to get Gaara to go with, but he just shook his head and gave me his small smile. The game was awesome! It's hard to move in water so if the ball was over shot or under shot, we dove after it, landing in the water. The ball flew through the air and Kota hit it with a mightly force, sending it in the direction of the shore, where a small, shy looking girl with brown hair cut in a bob easily caught it. Besides her was a boy with peircing green eyes and a harsh protective demenor over the girl.

It the two from the Earth nation. Irina and Taiki Amizawa. Irina didn't talk much, and in fact barly looked any of us in the eye. Taiki held her hand and answered for her a lot, which made me think that maybe she didn't talk much because her brother always answered for her. She expected it, so she didn't say anything. Or maybe... that's just how she was. Teriffied of everything and only her brother to protect her. It almost reminded me of Gaara and I in the begginning...

Irina sat on the beach with Gaara as we continued our game. It didn't take to long to convince Taiki that she was safe with him, after he looked at my loving boyfriend he nodded and ran to play. Away from his sister, he's really a carefree guy. He hit the ball to Asoka who dived to catch it and throw it to me. I back up to get it, but it's caught by a tall charming man with Black hair all shiney and hanging in his eyes. When he smiled down at me, I couldn't help but blush a little.

"Sorry that we're late. The little one got tired." He said with a smooth tone. And peaking out from behind his legs was a sight that stopped my heart momentarily as pure ice water ran through my veins. I knew what it was like... and every last part of me wanted to scream and hide her so she wouldn't have to live like that. Because poking out from behind him was a little girl no older than nine or ten.