Chapter 12

Kamya took great pleasure in helping Ash disrobe. She found his timidity and shyness endearing. Ash didn't know what to do with his hands or himself as his face flushed and Kamya slowly revealed more and more of his skin.

"Ash, you are allowed to touch me. You act as though you've never touched a woman before."

Ash's face flamed as his eyes locked on his boots.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea. I just assumed..." Kamya trailed off as the truth showed plain as day on his face. "Let me teach you. Let me help you." Kamya kissed Ash, her lips gently coaxing a response. She took his hands and wrapped them around her waist. She took great joy in tugging his tunic up and over his shoulders. Her eyes took in his chest and arms, sculpted from the years of farm work into chiseled marble perfection. She'd suspected he hid a beautiful body behind the ill fitting clothes she'd seen him in during deliveries. She wasn't disappointed.

She took his hands and put them at the hem of her tunic. She guided Ash to pull the tunic and armor over her head. Ash blushed as her midriff was partially exposed, a corset the only thing keeping her from his view. Kamya turned in Ash's arms and pulled her hair over her shoulder. "Untie me, would you?"

With a hard swallow and shaking fingers Ash worked the knots and slowly loosened the corset. As soon as it was loose enough Kamya pulled the constricting thing over her head as well and turned to face Ash. Ash couldn't help but take in her beauty while blushing all the while. "Beautiful." fell from Ash's lips.

Kamya's smile lit up her face as she took Ash's hands and placed them on her breasts. "I want you to touch me."

Ash pulled his hands back. "Kamya, your father is lying sick a few rooms away. Is now really the best time?"

Kamya sniffled as fear rose in her chest and tears pooled in her eyes. "I'm frightened Ash." Kamya admitted. "I don't want to think about my father. I'm afraid for him and what Tritos said. I don't want to think about that right now. Please." Kamya pleaded.

Ash's fingers found their way to her long hair and he ran his fingers through the surprisingly soft tresses, like warm spun silk. "We don't have to, but I won't take advantage of the situation." Ash's eyes locked on Kamya's. "It is my duty as your husband to protect you, even if sometimes that means I have to protect you from yourself." Ash kissed her forehead and let her press herself against him. He wrapped his arms around her and let her hold him. "You are very beautiful, but this isn't the right way for us to spend ourselves the first time." Ash whispered. The last thing he wanted was to be accused of taking advantage of his princess, people had lost their heads for less, and this night had been traumatic at the very least.

Kamya couldn't deny her disappointment.

"You should know it's not that I don't want you." Ash added quickly. "I just don't want to be your vice. I can be your comfort, but I won't be your vice." Ash laid a kiss on top of her head.

"I don't think I've ever bathed alone." Kamya admitted. "I"ve always had a helper, Emilia usually."

"Should we call her back?"

"Won't you help me?"

Ash paused and thought it over and nodded. "I could help you with that." Ash agreed and the pair slowly disrobed and took in the full sight of one another. Ash marveled at the smooth perfection of Kamya's unmarred caramel skin. Kamya took great pleasure in the sight of Ash's own pale perfection and well toned body. She enjoyed watching the muscles ripple as he moved and found bliss in his simple male perfection. She was surprised at how profound the intimacy was with the absence of sex.

Ash's fingers helped massage wash away the sweat and dirt and grime of the previous night from Kamya and he was surprised how much pleasure he took from washing her long tresses. He enjoyed every sigh and moan as he massaged the soap over her shoulders and down her back. Once she was clean he let her return the favor. Where his hands had been nervous and cautious hers were bold and sure. She knew the power of her touch and used it to her full advantage. Kamya traced the raised marks on his back and wondered about them, but thought better to ask at the moment. There was a beautiful intimacy and trust blossoming between them. Words would spoil it. She traced the rough calluses on his hands. Few noblemen had roughened hands outside of knights. Most wore gloves when they practiced swordplay, but Ash's were proof of hard work.