Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I looked from his eyes to the paper and searched for the meaning but after scanning the paper hopelessly I gave up and turned back to the situation at hand. The question was why on earth am I drawing Jayson's eyes? Well even in my mind his name sounded forbidden and sweet. The thoughts scared me out of the world and I felt my face pale as I stared at the ground not being able to breathe. I held my breathe and hoped that my breathing would come to me as normally as it always did. I felt his stare and tried to breathe in but the air barely got to my lungs and I felt relief fill my lungs as my heart picked it's pace up as if suddenly it had decided that it would be running in the rain.

As this random idea filled my head I stared out the window pass Jayson and saw that it was raining. The earth seemed to reach towards the sky hoping to catch a slightly glimpse of the heaven. The earth was dry so as the rain soaked into the earth, the earth took it gladly and drank the water hungrily. I stared at the grass at it's sudden relief and then thought back to my situation. My tounge spoke out of turn from my mind and said something.

"That's ironic."

These words were stated with so much bitterness it seemed as though I had never been able to once hold joy in my life and this seemed to scare me more. The class ticked my and each second it became easier to breathe in the air that my lungs longed for as a person for a lover. My mind wandered back to the paper as I thought this Jayson spoke in a tone full of cheerfulness. The tone annoyed me as much as the person who's lips spoke these words.

"What are we doing for the photography project?"

"I seem to need something to be happy about to think about that at the required moment."

"Well I'm just asking because you seemed to be having a hard time surviving."

"Don't speak to me unless I ask you something."

"Well then I wouldn't talk very often or maybe none at all."

"That's a good thing. Well at least for me."

"Well I'm sorry to say not everything is about you."

"I never said it was."

Our dispute was interrupted by the bell. I shoved the sketch pad into my bag and grabbed the pencil before walking out of the class in the direction of my locker. I entered the combo and the pulled until it opened and grabbed the required books for English with Mrs. Cris and walked in the direction to class room 456E. When I arrived I stood outside not really ready to face the teacher and her screaming today I put on my best tired look and then walked in. Mrs. Cris snapped her head from the board and stare at me before she motioned to the seat in the back. I stared at the board as she explained the talk of William Shakespeare and the tragic death of Juliet.

I stared at the paper she handed and quickly filled it out and handed it back to her and walked out. As I walk out the bell rang. I walked all the way back to my locker and shoved my bag into the locker. I had P.E. so I wouldn't need it. Once I reached my locker section I pulled my shirt off and changed to the sports bra and the shorts we had to wear as a required uniform and then walked out to the teachers spot and waited. Some guys whistled other wolf whistled and I just stared at them with no interest like as if they were the nothing they are. I felt someone's familiar arms wrap around my waist. As I felt the coldness of the stranger's I jumped a little. I turned to see Jack smiling down at me.

"Did you do it?"

"Why must you doubt me?"

"Well I'm so sorry you don't seem to be the type to be that mean."

"Jack life changed for me."

"It has to be something else."

"It's not."

"Well then something is so screwed about you!"

"It's always me!"

"Yeah it is."

He finished this with a smile. I smiled back at him then pushed him so he let go of my waist. Oh how I love my gay best friend. I smiled at the thought before then going back to reality to have a stranger wrap yet another pair of arms. Jack never did that twice so I held in the instinct not to grab the arms and then break them. I turned yet again to face Zach. I stared at him then grabbed the arms and pulled the fingers back just enough to earn a small yelp from him then he started talking to Jack.

I looked for Blue. She had the same period P.E. Blue then appeared out of no where next to me. I wasn't scared or even startled because I saw her shadow. Her shadow reached to my eyes then my arm out of constant annoyance reached back and held her hands.

"Awww. Can't you just let me use my weird powers to scare you once!"

"I would be scared Blue. If you didn't or hadn't shown yourself through your shadow!"

"No one even looks for shadows!"

"I do. And as long as you keep doing that then you won't scare me!"

"Fine!"

She pouted then stuck her tongue out at me. I smiled at her childish behavior and she knew why I was smiling. She just waited then smiled and we ran over to where Jack was and both of us jumped on top of him. Jack was really strong so he some how managed both of our weight properly and held each of us by one leg on his waist.