Ch-28 This heart-tugging journey called Life

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to Raeesa for her loving interest in IYL ;)

Chapter Twenty-Eight

This heart-tugging journey called Life

London, U.K.

“George, do you think I’m a lousy shrink?” asked the lean man in the crisp business suit, with genuine worry clouding his shrewd grey eyes.

The addressed man, dressed in hot black jeans and shirt looked up from the wine that he had been idly swirling in the flute glass and his merry blue eyes twinkled as he said raising a pierced blonde eyebrow,

“Nah Wil –”

Dr. Wilson Rowland, the popular psychiatrist of London relaxed visibly only to glare as his friend continued,

“–not always…”

“George!” 

Laughing, George drained the glass and looked at him.

“What happened to the cool and clever Dr. Wilson? Who had heard of him being plagued by doubts about his ability?”

Wilson sighed, rubbing his forehead. “I’m not so sure about that now…”

“About Alex huh?” George asked, giving his friend a keen glance.

Wilson nodded, and then seemed to burst out. “For God’s sake George! I sent him on a vacation –a bloody vacation for nearly a month so that he could relax and become better… I think now that that was a bad prescription, for here we have him back after a month, more haggard looking than before, saying coldly that he’s fine when even a child can see da** well he’s not. Three days have passed since he came and his hospital Superintendent informs me, he’s barely out of the Operation Theatre and has asked to fill his schedule without a break! Is he trying to kill himself or what? Do you think he’s seriously sick or something…?”

“Some call it sickness…” George said in a singsong voice with a little smile dancing on his lips.

“What?” Wilson whirled upon his friend, his outburst a moment before forgotten. “Do you mean he’s…he’s?” His unbelieving tone matched his widened eyes.

George laughed with a nod. “Yes, I think our icy Alex has finally fallen in Love –hard!”

***

Chennai, India

“If you had married that sheikh, I would have never forgiven you!” screamed Arifa while Humaira chuckled.

Hearing the proposal that had come to Humaira during her stay in Dubai, her best friend had gone nuts. For, that means Humaira’s wedding and everything would have taken place in U.A.E without Arifa’s presence – which occurrence in her opinion, would have been irremissible.