10 - We're All Leaving - Ponyboys POV

I woke up to Johnny holding me and I've never been happier, but I feel him stir and wake up.

He slowly gets up letting me go and I quickly grab him and pull him down to the bed again.

"No, don't leave, please don't leave." I plead, my eyes still closed.

"I have to hun, we have to get ready." He says.

"For what?" I say, I was still half asleep so I didn't know what was going on.

"We have to go and talk to Darry, remember?" He says questioning me.

My eyes slowly open and I sit up.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you really did distract me." I say rubbing my eyes.

Johnny laughs and he kisses my forehead.

"We also should have gotten some clothes for you while we were at your house." He says.

"But I like to wear my boyfriends clothes, they smell like you." I say smiling.

He blushes and smiles back.

"I like when you wear my clothes too, but I just wanted to make sure you liked wearing my clothes."

"Well I do." I say.

We both end up getting ready and eating but he has to go to work so I have to wait for him.

We kiss goodbye and he leaves.

I think about everything that happened yesterday and today.

I love Johnny so much.
____________________________________

Johnny finally arrives from work and we both get into the car together.

When we get there I feel so scared. What if he beats me again? The gang said they'll make sure that doesn't happen but what do they can't or don't? What if they help Darry?

Johnny grabs my hand snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It'll be ok Pony, I'll be hiding in the porch and if something happens I'll help ok?" Johnny says.

I nod and we get out he quickly hides and nods.

I take a deep breathe and knock on the door.

I hear footsteps and I immediately know they belong to Darry.

The door swings open and Darry is right there.

He freezes and he stares at me for a moment.

"Pony...."

I don't say anything but I feel like I wanna cry again.

Maybe he forgave me?

I try to look inside a little more and sure enough I see the gang trying to look at his reaction.

"Ponyboy...where have you been?" Darry says in a tone I wasn't sure was mad or worried.

I find the courage to speak up and I say, "I-I can't tell you..."

His eyes fill with rage and he basically yells.

"I haven't seen you in weeks and you don't tell me where you've been?!"

Sodapop gets up from his chair and carefully walks up to Darry about to speak.

"Calm down, I-"

⚠️HOMOPHOBIA WARNING ⚠️

"Now where the hell have you been huh?! Probably fucking some other fag!" Darry yells at me ignoring Sodapop, which makes me flinch.

"Darry please, stop, you haven't seen him and you talk to him like that?" Sodapop says.