3 - Getting to know him - Johnny's POV

I set my blankets down on the floor next to the bed and look at Ponyboy.

He still looks scared and he stopped shaking a bit but I can clearly tell he's scared of sleeping again because of his nightmares.

"Do you need anything Ponyboy?" I ask.

"No thank you." He said looking away from me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask in a low voice.

He looks at me again and his eyes fill with tears.

"I-I really want to but I'm-I'm scared that you'll beat me up or something like that." He said shaking.

"I would never do that, you can tell me anything. I just want to help. Maybe I can help." I said sitting on the bed.

"Can we talk tomorrow? Please?" He asks.

"Sure. Get some rest ok?" I say laying down on the floor.

He nods and lays down closing his eyes

I decide to wait until he falls asleep and then I fall asleep. I really want him to be able to trust me and talk to me so that I can help him.

He seems like he's in a really dark place. Just like me before Cherry helped me. When she talked to me, it really helped and changed my life for the better. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I am now.

If I could help Ponyboy it would mean the world to me.

____________________________________

When I woke up I look up at Ponyboy and see how he looks.

He is curled up and the blanket is covering him. He looks really peaceful.

I sigh and go get ready.

When I'm making breakfast I hear some footsteps coming into the kitchen.

"Good morning Ponyboy!" I say smiling at him.

He rubs his eyes and yawns making his way to the kitchen table.

"Good morning Johnny." He says.

"How did you sleep Ponyboy?" I ask serving our food in plates.

"Better than other days besides the nightmares." He says.

I place the plates down and sit down.

"About those nightmares...do you wanna talk about them?" I ask calmly trying not to make him upset.

He looks away and it looks like he's thinking about it.

"Not now...sorry it's just too much to handle." He says looking back at me.

"It's fine, whenever you're ready." I say.

We eat in calm silence but Ponyboy still doesn't eat much.

"Still not hungry?" I say picking up our plates.

"No, sorry."

"Just make sure you eat something ok? I have to go to work soon and I'm not gonna be here until 7:00."

"I-I can leave if you want-"

"No, of course not! But if you want to go and you have a safe place to go, you can leave." I say.

"I-I don't. I just don't want to be a bother or anything. I'm sorry." He says looking down.

"Please don't be sorry for anything. You can stay here for as long as you want. I don't mind, like I said before I want to help you and make yourself at home. I have to go now." I say grabbing my keys getting ready to leave.