5 - Eating - Johnny's POV

When I wake up, I smile at Ponyboy. We've only talked for a a few days and he's already my best friend.

I get ready for the day and start cooking breakfast. Ponyboy hasn't eaten and I'm starting to get worried. He only eats very little and I really want him to eat more, I don't know if it's because of his situation at home or if it's because of something else, but I really want him to eat.

When he wakes up and gets ready. My stomach does somersaults.

He was so cute and I knew that I definitely liked him. I also knew he didn't feel the same and he wasn't gay.

"Good morning Ponyboy!"

"Good morning Johnny!"

We immediately begin talking  and laughing and when I start eating he doesn't eat much.

I don't want to tell him anything in case he does have some kind of eating disorder.

"Ponyboy, you haven't been eating, is it because of your home life...or?"

"Yeah, it's because of my home life." He says quickly trying to dismiss the topic.

"Please eat, you're my best friend and it's worrying me."

SHOOT!

I called him my best friend and he probably thinks that's weird or something!

He smiles and blushes.

"You're my best friend too Johnny, and I'll try to eat."

I smile at him and nod.

It's time for me to go to work and before I leave Pony says, "Have a good day!"

"You too."

I leave and go to work.
____________________________________

When I arrive it's a busy day since it's Monday and when it's finally Cherry to come the first thing she asks is,

"Did ya kiss?!"

I laugh and say, "No! We only became best friends and all that."

I catched up with her and everything and we talked about Ponyboy and her.

"So what do you think I should do? Do you think he'll eat?"

She sighed, "I don't know Johnny, maybe he does have some kind of eating disorder?"

I really didn't want that to be the case because Ponyboy was my best friend (I wanted him to be more than that) and I didn't want him to suffer by having an eating disorder.

Cherry tried to change the subject since she sees I'm upset, we talk about something else and then she leaves to go do homework and for dinner with her family.

When it's the end of my shift I run out of there and rush to Ponyboy.

I really missed him.

When I came into my apartment it was silent.

"Ponyboy! I'm home!"

No answer.

Panic surges through me.

Did he leave?

Did someone sneak in and kill him?

⚠️WARNING EATING DISORDER IS MENTIONED⚠️

I quickly search and I find him in my room floor, passed out.

"Ponyboy! Ponyboy! Are you ok?"

I quickly try to do something and he wakes up.

"W-What happened Johnny?"

I tell him everything and in this point I try not to cry, I was really worried.

He looks down and tears fill his eyes.

"Johnny, I think I know why I passed out, I-I....Before I passed out, I was really hungry...but I didn't eat because...I can't tell you, but anyway, The room started spinning and then I just fall and see everything go black until now. I- I've barley eaten since last Monday when I was still at home, I don't want to eat because of a specific reason, but I can't tell you and well, I also started to stop eating before last Monday, because I'm fat. I don't want to be fat anymore." He explained crying.

He kept explaining to me and I realized he had an eating disorder.

"Ponyboy, you are now here near fat, you're...bea- fine. Trust me. Please, I know it's not that easy but I'll help you eat. I promise!"

⚠️EATING DISORDER IS OVER⚠️

He smiled and nodded as I wiped his tears.

I tried to talk to him a little more and then I started on dinner.

When I served ourselves, I only served Pony a little.

He actually ate it all.

"Johnny, I feel really full and sick."

"It's ok Ponyboy, just rest ok?" It just means you're still getting used to eating more."

He nodded and got ready for bed and so did I.

When he layed down on the bed and I layed down on the floor. He was out like a light.

I was so worried for him.

I look at him one last time before I drift off to sleep.
____________________________________

Hey everyone so I hoped you liked the chapter and thank you so much for reading!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!